The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Tea with Elsie: A few photos from Japan.

Monday, April 15, 2013

A reader, Elsie, just came back from a holiday in Japan! Envious...

My last visit to Japan was slightly more than a year ago. The JPY was very expensive then.

With the JPY so cheap now, I hope to visit again very soon.

Here are some photos which Elsie sent to me by email to tempt me:

Cherry blossoms, ladies in Kimonos and rickshaws in Kyoto! Lovely!
Too beautiful to eat! The Japanese are really creative people.
When I visited Kyoto with my family a few years ago, my mother went quite mad buying handkerchiefs and purses. Beautifully made, I can understand why she almost bought the whole shop.
I think Elsie must have read my mind! Totoro was the first Japanese animated fantasy film I watched probably some 20+ years ago. It has a special place in my heart.

















Yokoso Japan!

Related posts:
1. Cute snack from Japan.
2. My photos in Japan.

12 comments:

HappyInvestor said...

hahah yes Totoro is my favorite. The shop is dedicated to all the characters in Miyazaki's animation films. But totoro takes centre stage. I took one with the big flurry one at the shop front.

And thank you AK for giving my pics blogspace to share with other readers. I feel very honored indeed - Arigato!

Yes the handkerchieves are works of art and too lovely to use hahaha!

Am sure you will be visiting Japan soon - sigh autumn would be lovely to visit too... I had a wonderful time in the onsen (esp the outdoor ones!!) but sorry photography not allowed there lol !

cheers
elsie

AK71 said...

Hi Elsie,

I would like to have more of your recent travel photos here in my blog, actually.

However, I declined your kind offer to send me more photos because I am now paying blogspot for more storage space as I used up all the free space already.

So, I could be one of the few bloggers in Singapore using blogspot who has to pay to blog. :(

I went to an outdoor onsen in Hakone in the mountains in Dec 2011. Brrrr... It was cold and the bath was HOT! Hahaha..

The experience was unforgettable. Quite pricey then since the exchange rate was like S$16.50 to JPY 1,000!

Today, it is S$12.50 to JPY 1,000! Cheap! This was the rate some 6 years ago! I remember because I was happily shopping in Kyoto. ;p

I have a few fluffy Totoros at home. A bit green one, a smaller grey one and a chisai white one. I want to buy some of those black dust balls next. :D

blauereiter said...

Hey Elsie/Mr AK71, I was in Tokyo/Kyoto the past 3 weeks too visiting my Japanese friends, and took some pictures of Sakuras too :

http://halcyonrealms.com/life/the-perfect-blossom/

AK71 said...

Hi blauereiter,

You and Elsie are both so lucky. Thanks for sharing your photos with us. :)

HappyInvestor said...

Ahhhh the photos you took are beautiful Blauereiter!! Real artist and photographer... my photos are so amateurish in comparison lol

thanks for sharing .. I will be going HK this weekend ...but no worries AK I shall not be hogging your blogspace storage hahhaa.

By the way you can take it down anytime in case you need more space Mr AK :P - I am perfectly ok with it.

cheers
elsie

cheers
elsie

AK71 said...

Hi Elsie,

No, no, you are not hogging anything at all. Please don't think that. :)

I apologise if I have given you the wrong impression.

Another holiday? I am sooo envious! ;p

Have a safe and happy trip. :)

Sun said...

just came back from kyoto last month! love that place and its the macha wonderland!

MH has cheap flights... 540 for return... cheaper than jetstar lol

AK71 said...

Hi Sun,

That is a good price! :)

Any long lay overs? I had to transit for 7 hours and sometimes longer in some airports along the way when I took cheap flights before.

Quite OK if the airport is interesting. Otherwise, it could bore me to death. ;p

Everyone is visiting Japan, it seems. Good for the Japanese economy. Hahaha...

Sun said...

2 hours in KL haha. Crappy airport but good price!

AK71 said...

Hi Sun,

2 hours? That is not too bad. What about the departure time from Singapore? That is important too.

The cheap flights I took to the USA required me to be at the airport at 4am in the morning!

Sun said...

9pm flight to KL haha. just nice after a day of work, save 1 day of leave. Reach Osaka at 7am i think. Take the 8am train to kyoto and reach kyoto before 10am :D

AK71 said...

Hi Sun,

9pm flight sounds very comfortable. You got a good deal! :D


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award