The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

An appeal by AK for funds.

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Regular readers know that I believe in being charitable and I have revealed before that I support 6 charities in Singapore. My favourite charity is still "Singapore Children Society" and has, increasingly, taken the lion share of my donations.

I recently received an appeal letter from another charity which I support and there was a little hand written section which moved me and I would like to share it here with you:


We might feel that what we have is not enough but if we have extra money which we are able to invest with, we are fortunate indeed compared to the poor and the needy.

So, if you have a charity that you like, please make a bigger donation this festive season. Just $10 more will make a big difference if everybody thinks the same way.


If we don't yet have a habit of being charitable, why not start today with a donation to the "Singapore Children Society"? We can make an online donation on their website: here.

Let us bring some cheer to the less fortunate in our midst. We can do it and, so, why not? Thank you.

Related post:
Have money must also have a heart.

7 comments:

Singapore Man of Leisure said...

Namaste

I honour the place in you which the entire universe dwells.

I honour the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace.

When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me,

we are one.


(I "borrowed" the above with pride from the internet)

AK71 said...

Hi SMOL,

Wah! So cheem. I will have to meditate on this.

7x7=49 days? Maybe. -.-"

LOL.

Unknown said...

thank you for put the link, remind me do some good things to other people.

Unknown said...

thank you for the link, this remind me to do some good things to other people. I did already, very happy.

AK71 said...

Hi Alen,

Thank you for helping the children. Have a blessed Christmas. :)

SnOOpy168 said...

This year I've decided not to contribute beyond whats already paid via my credit cards. Instead, I will pay the $ into my mom's Medisave A/C. At 80s now, her meager balance is being wiped off quickly by escalating health care & related insurance cost (it doubled from last year).

They say charity begins at home and that theory about "paying ourselves 1st". Putting it to practical use.

AK71 said...

Hi SnOOpy168,

For sure, everyone has different circumstances. If one's circumstances do not allow him to make bigger donations, then, he shouldn't.

For those who can manage an extra $10.00 for charities, to help the less fortunate, why not? :)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award