The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

OUE Limited is offering me money for IHC.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017


Mr Riady explains how he built up his business empire.

International Healthway Corporation Limited (IHC) was spun off from Healthway Medical Corporation (HMC) in 2013. Back then, its IPO price was 48c a share. 

Being a HMC shareholder, I was given free shares of IHC which I have mostly forgotten about until the recent saga in which the entire board of IHC was given the boot. 

Of course, it was revealed then that OUE Limited became a substantial shareholder of IHC.

Today, I received an offer from OUE to buy my shares. Offer price is 10.6c a share.



Two days ago, I blogged about receiving an offer from OUE for my shares in HMC. It seems that OUE sees potential in IHC too. Both IHC and HMC are probably undervalued in their eyes.

I don't have the business savvy, connections nor the foresight of the Riady family. What I do know is that they won't buy heavily into an investment unless they are able to benefit from it.

Both IHC and HMC suffered from having mediocre management which were too adventurous for their own good. 

With my small stakes in both entities, I got tickets to go for the ride with the Riady family. Yes, I won't be accepting this offer either.

Now, from an email I received regarding my blog on HMC recently, I must emphasize that I am rather cavalier about the offers because my stakes are not only small, they are also free of cost. What I am happy doing, of course, might not sit well with others.

I apologise if my blog post on HMC offended some readers and, now, my blog post on IHC too.

If you should feel upset with what you hear, eavesdropping on AK, tell yourself that he is just a mental blogger. Ignore him.


Anger is bad for health. Way too bad.

Related post:
HMC and free money from Lippo.

4 comments:

Ricky said...

Strange ah, you do what you want with your own shares, why people get angry?
Some more need to apologise. *confused*

AK71 said...

Hi Ricky,

All of us bring different stories to the table. For some, they got in cheaper and it could be a good opportunity to cash in. Then, for some, they got in at too high a price and might be looking for guidance. I guess my blog could have rubbed them the wrong way. :(

JB said...

Hi AK,

I am currently a Healthway Medical shareholder. I am also not considering taking the offer as I have bought at higher price and hopefully with better management things will turn around.. Could you share your thoughts based on your experience and knowlege :

If we don't take the offer of $0.042 per share, what are the possible outcomes,(e.g takeover failed? Then what possible follow ups? If successful, they will just convert my shares to cash as $0.042 per share? Or Will they not give us any money since we didn't accept the offer earlier and write off? ( I am concern, as someone told me it is possible,is it?)

Still learning. (Kindly, talk to yourself )Thank you very much.

JB

AK71 said...

Hi JB,

To be honest, I don't have any experience in this. So, there is nothing I can share.

I am just waiting to see what happens next. :)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award