The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Gold as an insurance against inflation

Monday, December 28, 2009

Why buy gold? For me, gold is just another form of insurance against inflation. Real assets such as crude oil, Asian real estate and commodities are also used to hedge against inflation.

Gold will hit US$2.5k eventually and, probably, go higher in the years to come. The current inflation adjusted value of gold compared to the high achieved in 1980 should be about US$2.4k now. We are about halfway there. If we believe that inflation is going to be a big issue in the coming years, it's a no brainer that gold is on a long term uptrend. Real value of gold

However, I'm not overzealous about gold because I am not living in the USA or HK, making US$ or HK$. I am living in Singapore and making S$ which will appreciate against US$ and HK$ in time. This makes gold investment less compelling for me.

Frankly, I still prefer trading in the stockmarket and buying undervalued and/or strong dividend paying stocks for now. My gains in the stockmarket so far this year have outperformed gold or silver. Cashflow is also something I get from my stockmarket investments that I do not get from gold. However, all parties will come to an end. Will have to know when to exit the stockmarket.

0 comments:


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award