The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

3Q 2018 passive income (non-REITs): Conclusion.

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Many things happened in 3Q 2018 in the non-REITs space for me.

Mr. Market made me many attractive offers and I was hard pressed to take advantage of all of them in a meaningful manner.

This is why having a war chest, big or small, matters.

Without a war chest, we would not be able to take advantage of Mr. Market's pessimism.

Even with a war chest, we would have to decide how to allocate our limited funds.





So, what did I do?

If you have not read the earlier 7 parts by now, here are the links:

1. Centurion.

2. RHT.

3. WILMAR.

4. SingTel and CDG.

5. Accordia Golf Trust.

6. QAF.

7. APTT.





Please remember that I am just talking to myself, as usual.

What works for me might not work for you.

Remember not to bite off more than you can chew which means

1. Don't use money you should not be using to invest with

and

2. Don't invest so much money that you worry all the time.





Investing for income will help us become financially stronger over time.

However, we should pace ourselves and not throw caution to the winds.

So, how much passive income did I receive from non-REITs in 3Q 2018?

3Q 2018 passive income from non-REITs:

S$ 33,924.70






It works out to be about $11,308.00 worth of passive income a month.

Some might find this figure too lofty an achievement.

Just remember that Rome was not built in a day and not all of us need to live in a big city like Rome. ;)


If AK can do it, so can you!




6 comments:

anon said...

Hi AK,
You seem to have a knack of catching share prices at the low. I, on the other hand, only know about it after the event.
Would appreciate it if you could please share your process/system of catching the prices at the low. Do you manually monitor a list of share prices daily? Or do you use a system/technological device that sets off the trigger? Whether manually or via a system, I suppose you already have a designated Buy Price?

Thanks!

anon said...

Hi AK,
You seem to have a knack of finding stocks at its low share price. I tend to know about it only after the event.

Could you please share your process/system with how you are alerted to their low prices? Do you manually monitor a list of stocks for low prices daily? Or do you rely on a system that trigger notification of the low prices? Whether manually or via a system, I assume you would have a pre-designated price for the stocks?

Thanks!

AK71 said...

Hi anon,

I am not IT savvy.

I simply have a list of stocks which I check at least once a day when the the market closes.

Then, I place an overnight order if I think it is a good thing to do.

Having an idea of what is a fair price to pay is important, of course.

Knowledge of technical analysis helps too. :)

Pei Lin said...

Hi Ak71,

Can you share the list of stocks you check everyday? It will be very helpful for all of us who want to save and invest.

AK71 said...

Hi Pei Lin,

Nope, I won't but if you read my past blogs on passive income from REITs and non-REITs as well as blogs on my largest investments, you will know what are some stocks I look at. ;)

AK71 said...

See:
Have a plan, your own plan.


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award