The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Stock market analysts

Sunday, December 27, 2009

I used to read recommendations by stock market analysts and thought of them as really clever people who seem to know everything. I thought to myself that these people must get very rich since they know what to buy and sell all the time. Alas, I learned the hard way that nothing beats doing our own research.
I have discovered that the best investments are still those which I have thoroughly researched using primary data provided by the companies, coupled with my understanding of the trends in business, government policies and economics. These are investments which I have the conviction to hold through rough patches as they progress in time. Of course, the buy price is important as well since we do not want to overpay. This can be determined with the help of charts. Ultimately, if we do not feel comfortable with the price for whatever reason (no matter what FA or TA says), don't go in as we would lack the fortitude to soldier on. Being comfortable with our investment decisions is very important as it lets us sleep better at night.

Reports by analysts could be catalysts for us as they bring our attention to certain counters and we should follow up with our own research if we are interested enough. These reports are also useful as they give us information which we might otherwise find hard to obtain such as up to date data provided by interviews with key company executives. Just don't take what analysts say as the gospel truth.

There are many books on FA and TA in the bookshops and I've found the DUMMIES series very easy to read and digest. If we want to be an investor, we have to know fundamental and technical analyses. Of course, as we grow older, we accumulate priceless experience. There is simply no substitute. I am still working towards the goal of having enough passive income to free myself from a life of work because I have to. Equiping myself with FA and TA skills is the way to go. Identifying trends and value: FA and TA

0 comments:


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award