The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Tea with AK71: Taking taxis in Singapore.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I took a day's leave from work to run some errands. I sent my car for regular maintenance, went to the bank to sell some silver, did some laundry and, of course, blogging. See: Silver: Divestment for an 86% gain.

I would take the MRT usually if I were to be without a car. However, in some instances like from the car workshop, it is really far to walk to the nearest MRT station. I estimate it would be a 20 or 25 minutes walk and under a hot sun if I were to do it just now. Really didn't feel like perspiring too much. So, I flagged down a taxi.

It was my first time in a red color taxi. I think the company was TransCab. It was also my first time in a Toyota Wish. Not bad. Very spacious and it was a comfortable ride. The taxi driver was polite and asked me which route I would like to take to town too.

These days, if I do take a taxi, I make it a point to avoid those older Toyota Crowns. For some reason, they make me feel like throwing up. They handle corners like a ship in stormy seas and, for some reason, I could smell exhaust in the cabin.

Hyundai Azera
The Hyundai Sonatas are really comfortable and I got an Azera when I came back from my recent vacation. My first time in one and it was very comfortable, more so than the Sonata. Of course, the best are still the Mercedes Benzes and London Cabs.

I enjoy my occasional taxi rides because I could look out the side windows and enjoy looking at Singapore, the people and places. When driving, I have to keep my eyes on the road. So, sitting in the back of a taxi is a real treat for me. A simple pleasure.

0 comments:


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award