The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Tea with AK71: A lunch of barley and winter melon.

Monday, January 16, 2012

I have blogged about how I would boil barley water and later eat the barley for a meal as well. Today, I brought to work a container of barley and winter melon strips drenched in soya bean milk.

My sister boiled barley water over the weekend and she was going to throw away the barley and winter melon strips. I asked her to keep them for me in a container so that I could bring to work for lunch. She kindly obliged.


This morning, I poured soya bean milk into the container and, voila, that's my lunch for the day!


Barley has been described as a nutritional powerhouse that has a low glycemic index (GI). It is high in fiber, naturally low in fat and cholesterol free. It contains vitamin Bs, antioxidants, selenium, iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, potassium and copper.

A healthy meal and it costs next to nothing!

Related post:
Tea with AK71: A simple meal.

10 comments:

Singapore Man of Leisure said...

I salivating!

Cooling meal to balance out the heaty CNY goodies ;)

AK71 said...

Hi SMOL,

Burp... ;p

Too much fried food and sweet stuff in my diet. I have my weaknesses. :(

SnOOpy168 said...

I would loved to have condensed milk on top.

Ray said...

Interesting combi: winter melon and soya. Hmmm looks good though :D

AK71 said...

Hi SnOOpy168,

Er... Condensed milk? That would up the cost and make the meal unhealthy at the same time! ;p

Well, whatever's your poison. Hahaha.. :)

AK71 said...

Hi Ray,

Take my word for it. It is very good. If you like the cantonese style dessert of beancurd skin, barley and gingko nuts in soya bean milk, you would like this. Similar. :)

FoodieFC said...

good job on not wasting food!

AK71 said...

Hi FoodieFC,

I was taught as a kid not to waste food. Sadly, I see a lot of kids these days wasting food. :(

There are certain things I don't eat. So, when presented with a choice, I would not have those things at meal times.

Sometimes, I don't have a choice but in such instances, I am usually lucky enough to find people who are willing to eat those things for me. ;p

Ray said...

well, in a nutshell, i like all deserts so i suppose i would love this too. :D

AK71 said...

Hi Ray,

I like sweet stuff too but not too sweet. I think as people age, they like things not too sweet. Haha..

I had two slices of wholemeal bread with oatmeal for breakfast. Ten years ago, I would not even think of eating such stuff. Old man food. Haha.. ;p


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award