The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Visiting an indecent (even lewd) shop.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Remember the big hoo hah about the gigantic poster of a half naked man at Knightsbridge? Actually, that was not a poster. It was more like an enormous mural!

The images which would put most Singaporean men (including myself) to shame were on two walls at the corner of the building, a few storeys high!

For those of more puritanical persuasion, you might want to avert your eyes because here is a flesh  flash back:


A while back, I went with a friend who was visiting. She went with her camera in hand and took photos with the lone topless hunk in the shop. After that, the nightmare began. Nightmare? Now, now, don't be naughty.

Too dark! Too many steps! Too many angular handrails!

I don't have very good night vision and I had to squint in the very dimly litted interior and would suddenly go blind in areas with spotlights which made me even more blind as I walked into dimmer areas again. As I went up and down the steps, I walked into the corners of the handrails at least twice. I had the haematoma to show for it too!

The shirts on sale were somewhat too thick for our climate. Of course, the prices were too rich for me. Anyway, if you guessed that I probably walked away empty handed, you are right. No prizes though. Too easy.

You might be interested in reading my older blog post on Abercrombie & Fitch.

Hint: you would also want to read the comments section.

Read the blog post here:
Ad by Abercrombie & Fitch is indecent (even lewd)!

See my staycation photos at Hard Rock Hotel, Singapore: here.

2 comments:

Ana said...

Abercrombie & Fitch is just an example of how silly (American) consumers can be...this is a clothes store & one would have expected reasonable lighting so that shoppers could at least see what they were about to buy. I understand from my American friends that the dim lighting & loud pumping music were trademark of Abercrombie & Fitch. It's amazing with such lack-of-common-sense & totally illogical strategy could take off so well....

AK71 said...

Hi Ana,

I also find it puzzling that the in-house mascot (i.e. the hunk in this case) of a clothing retailer should be half naked... ;p

Actually, that poor guy must have been freezing. The air conditioning was really strong. Brrrr... My friend was talking about his perky nipples quite enthusiastically.


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award