The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

How I was moved by Lucy?

Friday, August 22, 2014

I watched Lucy, the movie, last night.

It was thought provoking and I enjoyed it very much.



Morgan Freeman asked if we humans are too concerned with having instead of being? I like that question.

I asked myself what would I like to be?

Pause.

Pause.

Pause.

I would like to be a person who can make a positive difference to people's lives.

I want to be a good influence.

I think a person like this is good to be.

Of course, whether I will actually be someone like this is harder to say.

Related posts:
1. The kindness of strangers.
(Published in the month of August last year.)

"I feel that if we can make a positive difference in the lives of others, why not? If we can show some consideration to others and make the world a better place, isn't that a good thing?" AK.

2. Another day in paradise.
3. The world is full of nice people.

4 comments:

ruby said...

You never seem to surprise me with your sharing. This particular movie is exactly what I intend to watch this week. Ummm... it seems to be a wonderful movie to you. I like your sharing about the oat meal and your belief in blood type diet besides your financial stuff. Hope that you will continue to share.:)

AK71 said...

Hi ruby,

The movie started out unimpressive. I was so afraid it might turn out to be a let down after the nice movie trailers I saw. It has happened before with some movies, I am sure you know.

Anyway, the pace picked up and it also became a lot more profound both in what was said and unsaid. And it left me asking questions, the type that makes me feel really small.

So, yes, I enjoyed the movie. :)

choices said...

Be, do, have. We are more human doing than human being. The paradox of life. You get the gist of it from this real life story:

http://www.ted.com Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor had an opportunity few brain scientists would wish for: One morning, she realized she was having a massive stroke. As it happened -- as she felt her brain functions slip away one by one, speech, movement, understanding -- she studied and remembered every moment.

AK71 said...

Hi choices,

"Similar processes we use to improve our mental health can help us make better, more responsible decisions as a society -- by focusing on the compassion and integrity of our right brain, rather than the judgment, punishment and deception of our left brain." Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor

Human doing should result in human being more than human having. ;)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award