The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

What to do in Singapore on National Day?

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Oh, my aching legs! Oh, my heels! Aching!

Aiyoh, it is National Day and AK is in pain?

I went walking with my mom in the neighbourhood this morning. We walked for more than 2 hours! 

OK, excluding time taken to explore surroundings new to me, to have brunch and to do a bit of shopping, maybe, 1 hour 30 minutes. 

Still, to out of shape AK, adoi! Sakit lah! It will probably be worse tomorrow.

Anyway, I remember a reader asking me to share photos of my daily life other than the food I eat, if possible. So, here are some photos I took this morning:


Anyone knows the name of this flower? Firecrackers?
Don't look impressive but when in large numbers
and from a distance, they look like fireworks.
See what I mean? Pretty!
Pretty bougainvillea flowers growing in planters above an expressway.
I have never seen them in these colors before, I told my mom.
My mom thinks I am a mountain tortoise now.
Wah! Suspension bridge in Singapore! So cool!
The last time I walked across one was in Canada almost 20 years ago!
Aiyoh, I know. Another photo of the food I eat. LOL.
Good wanton mee. About $3.40, after discount.
Oh, I said I went shopping, right?
Bought these. Really good and cheap super glue.
Used them to fix broken umbrellas, shoes, sandals and cups before.
Extended the lifespan of my sandals by 2 years already,
using a tube every few months.
Now, the soles of my walking shoes are beginning to detach.
It is going to be a 13c quick fix.
Waste not, want not.

Want to spend quality time with family? We don't have to spend a lot of money going overseas or visiting theme parks. 

There is so much to see and do in our neighbourhoods. We just have to be more aware of our surroundings. 

There is good and inexpensive food and great shopping too.

Money is just like any other resource. If we spend less of it, we will have more of it. If doing so makes us happier in the process, we have ourselves a bonus.

"Every man is rich or poor according to the proportion between his desires and his enjoyments." (Samuel Johnson)

Related posts:
1. Two questions to help build wealth.
2. Save 100% of your take home pay.
3. 5 points you ignore at your own risk.
4. Have money must also have a heart.
5. Tea with AK: 3 point turn.

6 comments:

pf said...

I went flat viewing! :)

End up i like the neighbors' flat better. But they not selling.

AK71 said...

Hi pf,

Well, you could buy the flat and make it even nicer than the neighbour's flat. The ultimate scenario would be the neighbour making an offer for your renovated flat. ;p

pf said...

Not so likely. Neighbors r old couple and son (uncle age). Their old flat was en bloc and got this as replacement flat. Haha....

Anyway, i can only buy in a few mths time. :)

AK71 said...

Hi pf,

Hope you get your ideal flat in your hunt! I am sure it is an exciting process. ;)

Janice said...

Hello AK,

Are you still holding on to Yongnam?

AK71 said...

Hi Janice,

Yes, I am still a shareholder. ;)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award