The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

What I did to monetise my free time and why?

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Reader says...

I have been an avid reader of your blog and have also been to your meetup session last week.

Thank you for what you have doing and helping people in providing financial literacy.


I read that you used to work 3 jobs when you were starting out, for 7 days a week.

May i know what jobs were you doing at that time?


I have been working in a mid sized firm for a few years but my income is still not where i would like it to be and would like to take more jobs to supplement my income.

Spending wise i am disciplined but there's only so much i can save with a small income base.
Thank you.
Cheers,






-------------------------------------------------------


AK says...

Welcome to my blog. :)

I had a full time job but my evenings and weekends were free.

So, I found jobs that occupied me on some evenings and on weekends.

I was teaching students taking enrichment classes at night and I was also a private tutor on weekends.

These paid more on a per hour basis than my full time job. ;)






If we have free time, we can either think of monetising it or using it for enjoyment.

When we choose to monetise it, not only do we make more money but we also have less time to spend money.

It brings making money and saving money to another level. ;p


Gambatte! :)






----------------------
When we monetise our free time, to be quite pragmatic, it should be doing something that pays more on a per hour basis. 

Of course, this is not a hard and fast rule.

For some, they might do something they enjoy and yet be paid to do it in their free time even if it doesn't pay well. 






Being paid to do something we enjoy doing doesn't sound like a bad thing, does it?

Want to achieve financial freedom sooner than later? 


Monetising our free time will definitely help.

Then, what is the next step?






That is another topic and here is a hint as to why it is important:


The best insurance in life.












Related posts:
1. A young father of two says money not enough.
2. How my student went from zero to hero?
3. Is it wrong to be idealistic and live the good life?

1 comments:

AK71 said...

Reader says...
My boss ask me to take on more duties this week.
Have to say yes lah.
If not ganna ask to go how?
One of my Friend 1 year 6 months cannot find job.
I scare

AK says...
jialat 😞
If you have some free time, try to monetise your free time.
It will reduce your reliance on your current job and also speed up your journey towards financial freedom. 🙂


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award