The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

How much did AK make from Saizen REIT?

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Reader:

Dear AK,

I just started following your blog this year. So many gems!


Thanks for resharing your Saizen REIT blog post from 2015 on Facebook. It just tells me how much more I have to read in your archives!


I might regret asking this but how much money did you make from your investment in Saizen REIT?







AK:

Don't worry, you can ask. 


I won't bite your head off. 

Whether I give you the desired answer or not is something else.

If I did not reveal the larger investments in my portfolio recently, I would probably have refused your request.


Now, I don't see any harm in sharing the numbers. :)


Income distributions plus capital gains (excluding return of capital) from the sale of all the REIT's assets, roughly,


$ 245,000


Almost a quarter of a million dollars.


The number shouldn't be surprising since Saizen REIT was one of my 3 largest investments in S-REITs and my entry prices were pretty low.


In terms of percentage, the return was probably around 20% per year, give or take a little. 

I am not crazy enough to calculate the exact numbers.

Of course, now, with news that Saizen REIT is to be liquidated, I should be seeing another few thousand dollars coming back but that is really a return of capital.

Related posts:
1. 2016 full year passive income.

2. Saizen REIT: Right prices and luck.
3. My investment porfolio.

See errata (19 Mar 17, 9.25pm):

Understated gains from Saizen REIT.

0 comments:


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award