The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Could we be financially free by investing in Singapore only? (PART 2)

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Reader says...
Notice that you only has local sg shares for income. Any reasons why not consider overseas shares to avoid the standard "home bias" portfolio allocation?


AK says...
Singapore has ample investment opportunities for the income investor in me.

This is partly also because I am not managing a large multi-million dollar portfolio.

I am not so rich. 😉

And it helps that I am not too greedy. 😛






Reader says...
But does it mean a lack of diversification in non sg assets?


AK says...
If you want geographical diversification, you can always put money in counters which have overseas businesses or assets. 

For a while, a big chunk of my money was actually in Japan if you remember Saizen REIT and Croesus Retail Trust, for examples. 

Even today, my portfolio has exposure to overseas investments if you look at my top investments. 😉





Reader says...
I see. First reit 🙂


AK says...
Even SingTel is not a 100% Singaporean 😉
Nor ComfortDelgro 😛


Reader says...
70% overseas singtel


AK says...
I try to keep things simple for my simple brain 😛





Related post
1. Could we be financially free by investing in Singapore only? (PART 1)

5 comments:

AK71 said...

Raymond Ng says...

SG market is big enough for income investors.

Some companies are international.

Most Reits are also international.

AK71 said...

Jackson Yang says...

Agreed. Even lots of sg listed company are diversifying their business in oversea.

Like my sg portfolio, all of them has quite substantial business oversea and even looking forward to expand even more oversea.

OT83 said...

Hi Ak

I am 100%sg stocks now but comptemplating dca into world index fund like IWDA. What's your view?

AK71 said...

Lee We says ...

someone asked me similar question yesterday. y only sg? coz I spending in sgd lah

there are differences between (1) know, so dun do, (2) duno, so dun do, and (3) duno, but anyhow hear say do.

AK71 said...

Hi OT83,

Long time no see. :D

I don't have an opinion on this.

Do what you feel is right for you. ;)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award