The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Get on top of your finances.

Monday, July 29, 2013

When we say we want to get on top of things, it means that we want to be in a position of control.

So, when I say I am on top of my finances, it means that I don't have a financial burden on my shoulders and I don't owe anyone any money. I am not chained down by anyone over finances.

So, I couldn't help but frown when I saw this:

What kind of brochure is this?
See top left corner for a clue.
Well, if we are borrowing for an investment that will generate a higher return (ROI) than the cost of debt, I guess it might be a good idea to borrow. However, look at the effective interest rates per annum:

15.44% for 12 months
13.44% for 24 months
16.11% for 36 months

How confident are we of getting a ROI higher than these interest rates?
Of course, if we are borrowing to fund consumption, heavens forbid!

If we need to borrow to fund our lifestyle, obviously, we cannot afford our lifestyle.

How to get on top of our finances? For a start, don't get into debt!

Related post:
The secret to avoiding financial ruin.

1 comments:

AK71 said...

Reader:

"I am investing not to become a millionaire or to have luxuries or such, I am investing for passive income to substitute my inability to work, to supplement our measly income, to help with medical expenses and to live a frugal but comfortable life, that's all....

"And you are so RIGHT about gearing and debts and such, with zero debt we can afford to live knowing that we have exactly what we have, and everything else is a bonus...."


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award