The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Lending money to family and friends?

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Reader:

Dear AK,

What do you do when people borrow money from you?

Everytime a friend called to borrow some money, I will always remind myself that many years ago I also seek help, a friend lend me a few thousands dollars. I worked hard and repay. So whenever friends seek help, I help them.

After a while, I found that most are unable to pay back... Actually, one of them even bought a few property investments later but did not return money he borrowed from me. It has become difficult for me.

Last week, a friend want to borrow 1K. He is fed up that for only 1K, I ask this ask that... So, I told him that I am financially tight and unable to lend him money.




AK replies:

Hi,

I can understand your situation and this is something that I have blogged about too.

"I was taught that if we should lend someone money, we must do it with the mindset of a donor."
See:
http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.sg/2013/01/the-difference-between-lending-and.html

Of course, there are always reasons which I find more acceptable and in those instances, I am prepared to part with some money. Yes, the operative word here is "part".

"Imagine that the money has vaporised and gone to a better place. If it should come back one day, well, go celebrate!"
See:
http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.sg/2013/10/lending-money-to-someone-you-care-about.html

Sometimes, for legitimate reasons, people need a helping hand and if they are people who matter to me, I will help. :)

Best wishes,
AK

0 comments:


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award