The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

You are not successful in Singapore unless you do this.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

In retirement, I have become totally slothful. 

I go to bed late. I wake up late. 

I spend time getting my hands dirty in my planter and also staring into my aquarium.






Make simple meals. 

Do some housework. 

Watch some TV and do lots of online gaming. 

Of course, I still blog and interact with readers but everything is OTOT lah. 

Don't know what is OTOT? 

Ask anyone who has done NS. 

Don't know what NS is? 

Never mind.





Oh, did I say I also take a nap whenever I want in the day?

What about my social life? 

Very little because I rather prefer my own company.

It should come as no surprise that I have avoided going to large gatherings for a while.







(Did someone say Singapore's doors are always open to welcome the rich in the video?)





C:
I just moved into a bigger condo recently. 
I am going to keep my old condo for rental income.

B:
We are thinking of upgrading too.

C:
Your condo is nice and big. 

Why must upgrade?

B:
You know where I stay, right? 

We thought of moving somewhere central.

C:
Central will cost a lot more for the same size





B:
With our combined income, we can just about make it. Now, still looking.

C:
AK, what about you?

AK:
Me? 

I stay in a shoebox apartment.

C:
OMG! 

Why such a small apartment?

B:
It is OK lah. 

Can always upgrade.

AK:
I cannot because no bank would lend me any money...











When I mentioned this incident to my banker, he gave me some advice.


Banker:
Didn't you tell them you have retired?

AK:
I usually tell people I am unemployed.

Banker:
No, no. You mustn't tell people that. 

They will look down on you. 
You must always show people you are successful.

AK:
Really? How do you do that?





Banker:
They are usually impressed by how I have a luxury condo and a luxury car at such a young age. 

You must have visible signs of success and don't be afraid to flaunt it.







I have been so wrong for so long. 

Alamak.

How liddat? 


I so cham liddat.




Related post:

22 comments:

Brina said...

Alamak... reminds me of the saying 人比人,气死人
As long as you are contented, who cares about what others say? :D

brina

john said...

Go on a world tour

AK71 said...

Hi Brina,

I also say. ;p

AK71 said...

Hi john,

I lazy. -.-"

Singapore Man of Leisure said...

AK,

Psst.

You interested in a pair of new Dunbill sunglasses?

Or Harmas scaft to hide your face next time you do a talk?

How about a Blurberry luggage for your next trip?

I got lobang ;)

Must look attas OK?

Oh! By the way, must take your car next time you go to the supermarket or coffee shop 5 mintues walk away. And "beep, beep" your car when you arrive.

Cooly take off your Dunbill glasses and Harmas scarf (pretend you driving a covertible lah!), and show you care for Mother Earth by putting your groceries in your Blurberry luggage!


And don't tell people you live in a shoe-box apartment.

Say you live in a FREEHOLD condo that's custom and right-sized for your OTOT lifestyle!

Use all the "buzz" words ;)

AK71 said...

Hi SMOL,

My banker says:

"Why did you buy such a small car? You should get a Mercedes Benz E class."

Like that how?

You have lobang for Dunbill, Harmas and Blurberry brands.

But you have lobang for Mesadist Bends E class or not?

I have much to learn from you, ol' wise one.

Singapore Man of Leisure said...

AK,

My time got those matchbox miniature cars. Soild ones made in metal.

Nowadays I found in Toys "R" Us some other brands but the material not so "robust"...


You know what? There's also Mesadist Bends E class in paper from incense shops!?

Even in afterlife still cannot lose fase?


Old your head! I'm just a bit wrinkled ;)

foolish chameleon said...

do you feel lonely without a companion?

AK71 said...

Hi SMOL,

I am taking notes.

Kamsiah you, ol' wrinkled one. ;p

AK71 said...

Hi fc,

I spend time with family and friends regularly too. ;)

For someone who prefers his own company, hard to feel lonely. ;p

Cory said...

AK, recently i played with "Air Brush" modelling. Quite interesting to add to your gaming, planting and aquarium. Taipei has a lot of interesting legacy hobbies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbV_ORs6160

LOL


Cory

AK71 said...

Hi Cory,

I have two left hand and two left legs. Very clumsy.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Kevin said...

Hi AK,

You are not wrong. We need people like B,C and Banker to be/appear "successful" so that our shares in property development companies can do well to reward us. :P

AK71 said...

Hi Kevin,

I know what you are saying. ;)

Let's hope it does not lead to bigger demonstrations in Hong Lim Park in future. ;p

Kevin said...

Hi AK,

Hopefully, it does not lead to demonstrations in Hong Lim Park seen during the DBS high notes saga over in 2008. Back then no swanky MBFC yet, DBS HQ was over at Shenton Way. ;p

AK71 said...

Hi Kevin,

The retiree in me says that free shows are always welcome.

Well, as long as they don't impact my life negatively. ;p

Cindy said...

Hi AK,

I just read some of your older posts and I was so impressed by your success!

I'm also retired (around your age). I've thought about moving back to Asia, but I don't like it when my relatives and friends ask me strange questions (like, "Why don't you look for a job?" "What do you do?" "How much do you earn?").

I also prefer living a simple life and keeping a low profile, and it's easier to do so in a western country.

I wonder if you have ever thought about moving to another country (with lower living costs, nicer homes, better life quality and more open-minded ppl).

AK71 said...

Hi Cindy,

Oh, I know what you mean about curious relatives. I get that.

I have gained a reputation amongst my relatives for being anti-social. Not a bad thing. ;p

Move to another country? Never say never but I want to be here while my parents are still around. For now, I still like to stay in Singapore. :)

AK71 said...

UPDATED.

(Did someone say Singapore's doors are always open to welcome the rich in the video?)

WTK said...

Hi AK 71,

You make the right decision based on my perspective. Stay in Singapore while the parents are still around. It feels great to be able to make decision based on own preferences.

Ben

AK71 said...

Hi Ben,

I spend a whole day with my parents at least once a week.

We would go out shopping and have lunch and dinner together. :)

AK71 said...

Reader says...
I am very impressed by your achievements, AK.
I think you are a very good investor.

AK says...
Honestly, I don't think I am a very good investor.
However, I am probably better than the average person when it comes to money management.
It we are good at managing our money, if we do not make too many mistakes when it comes to investing our money, chances are we will do better than most. :)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award