The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

L'OCCITANE Shea Butter Foot Cream.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Almost two years ago, I blogged about moisturisers, admitting that I use them. Well, I still use them! Recently, I discovered shea butter!

"Shea butter is a solid fatty oil made from the nuts of Karite Nut trees, also known as Mangifolia, that grow in the semi-arid savannah regions of West and Central Africa. Shea butter is sometimes called “women’s gold,” because extracting the butter from the nuts gives employment and income to hundreds of thousands of rural African village women. Shea butter is so non-toxic and beneficial that it is used in foods and cooking as well as soaps and beauty products." Source: www.care2.com

I actually bought a big tube (150ml) from L'OCCITANE at the recommendation of a good friend. It says Shea Butter Foot Cream but I use it on my hands and elbows too. It really works and the moisturising effect is long lasting compared to other moisturisers I have used before.

My tube of L'OCCITANE Shea Butter Foot Cream.

Now, instead of using Aesop's Resurrection Hand Balm (which is more expensive), I use this Shea Butter Foot Cream on my feet. Massaging the cream well into my heels before going to sleep, it prevents cracked heels. As it contains lavender essential oil as well, massaging it into my hands, the scent which is very soothing helps me sleep better too.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream 150ml/5.2ozThis is good stuff and to anyone who is thinking of a hand and foot moisturiser, you might want to give this a try. Inexpensive and effective, this can be bought online for US$36.00 per tube and it ships free to your address in Singapore. You could also be eligible for some discounts.

Find out here at this link:
L'Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream 150ml/5.2oz


Related post:
Should guys use hand moisturisers?

12 comments:

Kyran Tan said...

Hi AK, I have been suffering from dry skin on my hands as well in an air con environment. Moisturizers have only worked temporarily on me, and every time I wash my hands after using the toilet, I have to reapply.

About a mth ago, I started taking cranberry capsules. Heard it's a great anti-oxidant and very good for skin as well. Guess it's due to its anti-oxidant properties. Can slowly feel the difference. Not sure whether its a placebo effect though lol. Will see how it goes!

AK71 said...

Hi Kyran,

I find that some moisturisers work better than others. The shea butter and essential oil in this one really makes a difference for me. Can feel it. :)

At work, I keep a tube of Rosken's these days although with that one I need to constantly reapply. It is much cheaper and colleagues are welcome to use it too. ;p

Cranberry capsules! I am sure that it is good for the skin and cells in general because of the antioxidants but how does it improve moisture levels in the skin? Hmmm...

Kyran Tan said...

Haha by coincidence I am using Rosken in office too!

I read that dry skin can be an effect of ageing. So by retarding the ageing effects which antioxidant agent is supposed to do, it helps to keep your skin young and supple. In my case I never had dry skin before I crossed 30.

AK71 said...

Hi Kyran,

Oh, for sure, as we age, our skin gets drier. That is how we get lines and wrinkles too. :(

Antioxidants help to retard damage to the skin and they are essential for the regeneration of cells. :)

However, I am still not so sure that they can help with moisture levels in the skin. I mean I take plenty of antioxidants in my diet including 500mg of Ester C daily and I drink at least 2 litres of water a day but I still have dry skin.

I sounds logical to me that we need an external application to guard against moisture loss from the skin. When I was in Japan on vacation, I was drying up so rapidly despite all the moisturisers I was using!

In the end, I used Nivea's Petroleum Jelly for the skin. It was the only way I could prevent moisture loss from the skin effectively. Can't use it in Singapore though. Too oily.

Anyway, whatever works, right? ;)

flyingchicken said...

Hi AK,

May I ask does it feel oily after applying? I would like to use it as a foot moisturizer for my mum but most brands just feel oily and stepping on the floor will just smear the moisturizer all over. Most brands will also feel slippery when you walk into bathroom with wet grounds, which is hazardous to elderly.

At US$36.00 a tube, I wouldn't exactly consider it cheap though...haha

AK71 said...

Hi flying chicken,

Share with you my secret. I always wear socks after applying moisturisers to the soles of my feet! Tadah! ;)

I got my mom to use it too but she does not wear socks. She wears house slippers at home as a habit. So, no issues.

My mom loves it! She says it is the first moisturiser she has used that does not require re-application every couple of hours. Shea butter is good stuff.

As for the price, this is French and because of the weak Euro, it is actually cheaper than Aesop which is Australian. We could get cheaper moisturisers but they are not the same thing, right? ;)

Life's little luxuries. :)

flyingchicken said...

ahh...I see.

Wearing socks at home is not my habit though. BTW, I bought this foot balm from Amazon. Smells good but still feels oily after applying.

http://www.deepsteep.com/cgi-bin/shop2/sc_searchz.cgi?user_id=3985&database=db_shopping.exm&template=shop_scent_CM_sr2.html&0_option=1&0=12

AK71 said...

Hi flying chicken,

Haha.. I don't wear socks all the time at home. I only wear them to sleep after applying moisturiser on the soles of my feet. ;)

Anyway, do you know that wearing socks to bed promotes better sleep?

Wear socks to bed. Feet often feel cold before the rest of the body because they have the poorest circulation. A study has shown that wearing socks to bed reduces night waking. As an alternative, you could place a hot water bottle near your feet at night.Want a Good Night's Sleep?

You might want to try it. :)

Kyran Tan said...

Hi AK, looks like I will have to reconsider using a good moisturizer then ;) always receptive to sound advice!

AK71 said...

Hi Kyran,

Personally, I think US$36.00 is a good deal. It is a 150ml tube.

The smaller 30ml tubes are selling at US$12 per tube when I checked the prices in Las Vegas Premium Outlet just 2 months ago and that was at an Outlet Mall.

If it is not value for money, AK will not buy. Hahaha... ;)

Kyran Tan said...

Hahaha, I do not question AK's knack for finding value for $ items. In AK, I trust! LOL

AK71 said...

Hi Kyran,

Hehehehe... Enjoy the shea butter foot cream. You will love it! :)

I have put up the final blog post for this evening. Would like to blog more but I am mentally rather exhausted by now. Feeling my age. :(


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award