The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Waste not, want not, save lots!

Monday, January 5, 2015

After some rather heavy subject matter in recent blog posts, for a change, here is something rather more light hearted: my dinner! (OK, honestly, this is just part of my dinner.)


This is actually a product of another activity, boiling barley water. I boiled plenty of barley water recently as I wasn't feeling well. From just a handful of barley, I got about 10 litres of wholesome barley water.

Buying barley water from the F&N Nutritea label would have easily cost much more.

How much more?

Source: NTUC Fairprice.

According to the above ad, 10 litres would have cost me $18.25! Usual price is S$2.05 a litre.

I bought a 500 grams bag of barley for $1.25 and there is still plenty left.

From NTUC Fairprice too.


Don't throw away the barley after boiling them. They are good for health but I have to say that it is an acquired taste.

Related post:
A simple meal.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi AK,

OMG! I also have DIY barley water.. been doing that since my father teach me.

AK71 said...

Hi Matthew,

OMG! What a coincidence! We must be kindred spirits!

United in the spirit of barleyhood! I rather like the sound of that. LOL.

Unknown said...

Hi AK

LOL to spirit of barleyhood. More like grasshood. (Oats and barley are in the grass family).. Looks like we love to eat grass hahaha

AK71 said...

Hi Matthew,

Eat grass? That would be a taste that is very hard to acquire. -.-"

Unknown said...

Hi AK,

Not really..
Rice, wheat, maize, barley, oat (cereals) are all in the grass family =D

So everyone (I hope) eats grass. Eating snake is a harder taste I'd wish to acquire.

AK71 said...

Hi Matthew,

I was thinking really of grass as in grass that horses would eat. You know, the green stuff that we see in the public parks? -.-"

As for snakes, you can have my share. -.-"

Unknown said...

Hi AK,

aiyo... I think you're too serious.. I meant jiak(eat) zhua(snake), hokkien for skiving due to having too much time as opposed to jiak(eat) chao(grass), hokkien for having no money.

AK71 said...

Hi Matthew,

Aiyoh, I went through 2.5 years of National Service in the Singapore Armed Forces, I know what you mean lah. Ooops...

yeh said...

ak
if you too heat, well can cook ling yang water. much more expensive. but i think it worth the money

http://www.nanyang.com/files/preview/292x300.2011.11.10.111110E05_C1282-0.jpg

AK71 said...

Hi Yeh,

My mom made for me before. Don't like the taste. ;p

Maybe I will acquire the taste as I grow older. Hard to say. -.-"

Thanks for the thought. :)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award