The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

What should I study to become a good investor?

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

There are a few times in our lives when we have to make big decisions and they could be easier for some than others but I don't think they are easy, by any measure.

AK talks to "himself" here.





----------------------------------


Reader says...

I'm AK too! I would like your advice for my course of studies.

I'm interested in investing. However should I take a degree in Business (in NBS ) to learn investing?

And would an engineering degree put me at a disadvantage due to not being able to learn accounting and economics?

I ask my father and friends and they all gave very different answer. I hope you can help me! Thank you.


P.S. I really enjoy reading your blog and find that many of your habits are worth following. Whenever I get home I always look foward to reading your posts be it where you eat and how much you save. 








AK says...

Alamak! You are asking an Arts grad whether you should study business or engineering? 


I have no clue! 

OK, end of reply. LOL.

I will say to go with your heart. Do what you want to do. 





I decided to do what I wanted to do too when trying to decide which degree to go for. 

If I had been a bit more practical in my choice, I would probably be making more money now but would I be happier? 

I don't know, really.

I did a part time diploma in business later. 





It was a bit demanding because the twice weekly classes were from 7pm to 10pm and the course went on for almost 2 years. 

It does show that if we want to study business or accounting later on, we can always do so as a mature student.

Enjoy your studies and whatever you do, as long as your are prudent in your personal finances and if you invest to supplement your earned income, in my eyes, you are on the right track.
:)





Related posts (maybe):
1. A letter from a fresh grad.
2. A reader in his early 20s.
3. Take steps towards financial security.
4. The Millionaire Next Door.
5. How to be "One Up On Wall Street?"

1 comments:

AK71 said...

Reader says...
I just started learning about the stock market and do not wish to receive any 'hot tips' etc from you but I would just like to ask you a question based on your experience with the market. The question is: Based on your experience, do weaker future prospects reported by businesses signal that the global economy has reached a turning point? Hope to hear form you soon!

AK says...
Economists could argue about this for days or weeks. My training in Economics ended when I left JC. So, I am not a good candidate to even offer an opinion. 😜


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award