The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Should we aim for financial freedom and have no social life? (How much material wealth is enough?)

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

UPDATED:
Reader:
"Hi AK,  I have been a reader of your blog since 2014 and I start to do invest. 


"Sometime I am worry that my investment would fail and become failure in life. 

"Since then I try to avoid having girl-friend because I scare that one days I mind be a liability to wife and girl-friend.

"should I continue to invest for financial freedom and be frugal and give up on society life."

AK:
"This is very personal. No one can advise you on this. Do what you feel is right for you."


Please don't ask me questions like this. I also blur.











------------------------------------------------------



AK said...

This is something I have thought about before.

I am not sure but I don't think I will feel sad or jealous if I were to attend gatherings where friends show off how well they are doing materially. 

They made their choices in life and I made mine.





I don't avoid social gatherings per se but I am very selective these days.

I have grown to enjoy my own company a lot more as I grow older. 

I like a quieter and simpler life.

Having fewer relationships in life promotes quiet and simplicity. 

However, no man is an island and I only maintain relationships which matter more to me.










When it comes to money, although we are all made differently, all of us need money in this modern world of ours.

However, it is good to remember that we only need so much money in life. 

This simple fact is lost on many as they pursue more material wealth than really necessary.





How much is enough?

How much is more than necessary?

The answers would differ from person to person, of course.

Whatever the answers might be, materially, we want to be comfortable while, financially, we need to be secure. 

Achieving this will give us peace of mind and I am sure we will feel happier then.

If we have achieved this, it is enough.




...
Related post:
A story about a lady in my life.

2 comments:

AK71 said...

Ben said...
I am more inclined to simplicity and minimalist lifestyle. Hence, I try to make things simple and easy in my lifestyle. Simple means less stress and happier mood.

AK said...
Keep our lifestyle simple and there will be less complicated situations in life.
Amen to that. :D

AK71 said...

Chong Kelvin says...
Dont understand why Ben said wife and girlfriend are liabilities. Maybe I read it wrongly.

Just for sharing purpose... When John first graduated, he had a plan... he wanted passive income asap. He quickly shared it w like minded frds... and one of them became his wife.

Today their passive income allow them not to touch their salary to maintain their lifestyle- with holidays twice a yr (not neighbouring country hor).

They also have zero liabilities w properties n cars fully paid off)

Don't think this can be done w John himself alone.

If given a choice, pls have twin engines to power your jet higher and faster. A single engine will be harder.... probably retire later.

AK says...
Find the right partner and don't believe that divorce rate is on the rise.

Crossing fingers!

Oh, remain DINKs!

Bad AK! Bad AK! :p


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award