The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Be a wealthy and happy peasant. ("Singapore is one of the world's most unhappy nations.")

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Reader says...
AK talks about how we should make more money, save more money and try to be financially free.

I am trying my hardest to be like him. Must have $150K in annual passive income and $700K in CPF account by age 45.






Alamak! 


AK didn't say to be like him! 

Mai luan luan gong hor.


I always say I am only talking to myself here in my blog but since so many people walk past my home and eavesdrop on a daily basis, I want to issue two statements in my loudest voice.





1. Don't compare yourself with AK or anyone else!

You are you. 

I am I. 

They are they. 

Everyone's circumstances are different. 

Do what you need to do to become financially free but do what you can do. 

Don't give yourself too much stress!






2. Don't become unhappy in the pursuit of financial freedom!

I know someone who was working very hard and trying to save more money. 

He did save a lot of money within a year but he was burnt out and depressed at the end of it.

All of us are made differently. 

Know ourselves. 

Cut ourselves some slack if we have to.





Alamak, I think I am going to get a sore throat from talking so loudly. 

Going to brew some liang teh now. 

See? AK listens to his body.

Aiyoh, why are you still here? 

What? I only talked about the happy part? 

I left out the wealthy part? 

Go read related post #2.

If you understand Hokkien, go to related post #1. 

I hope it puts a smile on your face.

Cough.




-------------
"Singapore is one of the world's most unhappy nations." 









Related posts:
1. Be happy!

2. Three attributes of a wealthy peasant.

1 comments:

AK71 said...

Sim On says...
Ask your boss why pay don't increase....ask wife why allowances cannot increase more....ask seller to give more discounts....they tell you not happy leave lah!

AK says...
All of us have a responsibility to ourselves to be happy.
We are not getting any younger.


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award