The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Keeping in touch as I break from blogging.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

I have not been blogging for 10 days and I have received several messages from readers regarding this.

I am sorry if I have caused some anxiety for some readers but don't worry, I am OK. Still alive and kicking.




Then, why have I not been blogging?

My blog will be 8 years old this Christmas Eve.

Yes, I have been blogging for almost 8 years.

Surprised? I am surprised too.

I know I enjoy writing and I enjoy sharing ideas to do with personal finance and investment.

However, looking back, I am still surprised by my blogging stamina.




Over the years, from time to time, for various reasons, I have also blogged about possibly retiring from blogging but I have always been able to bounce back pretty quickly from those moments.

What about now?

Well, I just felt like not blogging quite suddenly.


Is there another way to describe this?

Could I share the abrupt feeling through story telling?

What about this?

Suddenly, one morning not too many years ago, I was not able to read the papers as my vision was blurry and I realized that I needed reading glasses.



OK, not quite there but I think some might get the feeling of abruptness.

I am sure some of you might be able to do a better job of describing this feeling.

As for suddenly realizing that I needed reading glasses many years ago, it is a true experience.

People my age or older would know the feeling.

If you don't know what I am talking about, well, when you hit 40 (plus or minus a few years), you will.

You will get a reminder in the mail too because that is when our government tells you to consider getting Eldershield. ;p

Old age.

We can run from many things but not ageing.



So, am I really going to stop blogging this time?

To be honest, I don't know if this feeling is temporary. 

I don't know if I am only feeling a bit burnt out from blogging and that I need some time to recover or if this is a more permanent thing.

If I were to hazard a guess, I suspect it is temporary.

I am still checking my blogs for comments.

I still visit my Facebook page.

I still check my emails.

However, I might not be very prompt in my replies.

I still try to reply to the many messages and emails I get but if you don't hear from me, it could be because I have yet to read your email. 

I don't usually ignore emails from genuine readers.

So, if you wrote to me and did not hear from me for a prolonged period of time, chances are that your email did not reach me for some reason.



For those who want to keep hearing from me but are not following me on Facebook, go to my blog's left sidebar, find the Facebook link and follow me.

I have been updating older blog posts which I feel are still useful to share again on my Facebook wall.

So, you won't suffer from withdrawal symptoms.


Not to worry.

I don't think my time as a blogger has ended and I shall blog again. :)

10 comments:

Sanye ◎ 三页 said...

休息是为了走更长远的路。

Have a good break, and come back with even better blog posts!

Cheers!

AK71 said...

Hi Sanye,

Thank you for the encouragement.

If nothing else, I might just blog about my portfolio on a quarterly basis in future. ;)

Lazy AK.

Bad AK! Bad AK! ;p

Unknown said...

Hi AK,

Glad to see your blog post today - I do miss your blog posts but wellbeing and happiness are most important. Have a good break, take care, and looking forward to reading new blog posts when you feel ready to blog once more! If you decide that you are done with blogging - then thank you for all your insightful posts thus far, I have learned so much about planning for retirement, cpf, valuing stocks and life in general from your posts :)

Take care!


Brina

Cybertoots said...

Hi AK,

I still like your blogging and the encouragement to seek financial freedom of each its own.

Please rest well and continue to give your encouragement to us.

All the best in recovering healthy and energize to give us more good blog post.

Cheers!!

AK71 said...

Hi Brina,

I am glad that you have found my blogs helpful.

Thank you very much for the kind words. :)

AK71 said...

Hi Cybertools,

I must say that having not blogged for a while, I feel a bit lighter.

I know I have lost quite a bit of weight but this is a different lightness. ;p

Thank you for letting me know you like my blog. :)

Unknown said...

Glad to see AK71 doing well. Rest well! I won't call you uncle again. :(

AK71 said...

Hi Harold,

Kamsamidah. :)

AK71 is such a mouthful. Just call me AK. ;)

Howard said...

AK, i think you're just tired from trying to response to all the messages that you received. Readers should be more proactive in browsing through your diary of thoughts and add in their own unique flavors instead of keep asking the same thing or advices over and over again.

Perhaps it's time to make blogging great and fun again by stop responding to "oh, what should i do, ... can you talk to yourself?" kind of messages.

I will be sad if AK stop blogging :)

AK71 said...

Hi Howard,

I enjoy sharing ideas which have worked for me but I suppose it has become somewhat repetitive. So, for all our sanity, it is probably a good idea for me to take it slow for a while. ;p

Thank you very much for the kind comment. Very considerate of you. :)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award