The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

2nd update on largest investments in 2018.

Saturday, September 1, 2018

This blog is in response to some readers' requests for an update.

Not heavy on reasoning, I will be sharing more in my quarterly passive income updates for both REITs and non-REITs.

This would happen end of September or in early October.

Patience.






For many years, AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT was the biggest investment in my portfolio but it has been unseated.

It is pretty amazing as this did not take place within the same bracket either.

A new bracket has to be created for the largest investment in my portfolio by market value now.

$500,000 or more:
SingTel


Yes, SingTel and it should not come as a surprise to my regular readers.

Of course, this is the result of constant accumulation of shares in SingTel in recent months as I stick to my investment thesis and plan.






From $350,000 to $499,999:
AIMS AMP Cap. Ind. REIT

I haven't done anything to my investment in AIMS AMP Cap. Ind. REIT in a long time and it is unlikely that I would be doing anything to it soon.

I like sitting back and receiving quarterly income distributions.


The REIT is probably one of the better run REITs in Singapore and, over the years, it has been amply rewarding as an investment for income for me.

From keeping AIMS AMP Cap. Ind. REIT company, my investment in ComfortDelgro now keeps First REIT company as they are now in the same bracket.





From $200,000 to $349,999:
FIRST REIT
ComfortDelgro
WILMAR Int'l

Of course, regular readers know my investment in ComfortDelgro moved into this lower bracket because I booked a nice capital gain as its share price recovered pretty significantly and this was after receiving a very nice dividend as well.

Although reduced in size, I still have a relatively significant investment in ComfortDelgro.

Quite comfortable with staying invested in ComfortDelgro as my investment thesis remains intact.






Next is my investment in WILMAR Int'l which has joined this bracket as well but unlike my investment in ComfortDelgro, it moved up from a lower bracket.

I bought more shares in WILMAR Int'l, accumulating on price weakness in 3Q 2018.

I like the idea of being paid while waiting for the cyclical upturn to happen.

I don't know how long it is going to take but I am in no hurry.

All in good time, no doubt.






From $100,000 to $199,999:
ASCENDAS H-Trust
Centurion Corporation Ltd
ACCORDIA Golf Trust
Development Bank of Singapore

I have also been buying shares of Centurion Corporation Ltd and ACCORDIA Golf Trust in recent weeks but, even so, they have not crossed into the next bracket and are staying put in this bracket.

I had to check to see if DBS dropped out of the list as its share price declined recently.

DBS is staying.





Like I said, I will share more in my coming quarterly update which is likely to be quite massive.

Don't bombard me with more questions, please.

Why not watch this video instead?







Related post:
Largest investments updated (Early 2018).

21 comments:

WTK said...

Hi AK,

Thanks for sharing.

I think that the most important thing is the knowledge of being having the peace of mind. The figure is secondary. One is content with having such peace of mind in living a leisurely life.

Ben

AK71 said...

Hi Ben,

If we are contented with what we have, it is easier to find happiness, definitely. :)

Eye of the Storm said...

Hi Assi,

Great portfolio,

Are you still holding onto RMG?

Btw, with regards to First Reit, are you concerned about Siloam Hospitals stock pricehttps://www.bloomberg.com/quote/SILO:IJ? and their Sponsor, Lippo Karawachi https://www.bloomberg.com/quote/LPKR:IJ seems to be facing some financial issues.
Both their stock prices also all time low. Although they are collecting rental and nothing to do with their business, but just concern if the tenants go bust or default or even even First Reit face more issues refinancing their loans in future.

AK71 said...

Hi EOTS,

You might be interested in this blog:

http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.com/2018/06/investing-in-raffles-medical-group.html

I still like First REIT as an investment for income.

Lippo might hold a stake in the REIT but they are separate entities.

JJ said...

hi AK,

QAF is also going through a cyclical earnings now with the price of pork at a all time low. Riveria has been affected quite badly hence revenue is dropping. With the new mgmt team at the helm, do you have the confidence in invest further in QAF at this stage?

AK71 said...

Hi JJ,

All I can say is that QAF has a good track record and if they persist, QAF is likely to weather the down cycle quite well.

The down cycle is testing both management and investors alike.

If I did not find any other investment more interesting, I would buy more QAF shares but that is not the case right now.

AK71 said...

Sau Yee Fong says...
Can teacher AK explain the reason for buying into accordia again despite large fall in dividend payout?

AK says...
"Don't bombard me with more questions, please." :p

"Like I said, I will share more in my coming quarterly update which is likely to be quite massive." ;)

AK71 said...

Ah John says...
Are you looking at Starhub? Although Singtel maybe better bet right now.
I queue at 1.50 to buy Starhub, if DPU 0.1, the yield will still be 7%.

AK says...
See this:
http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.com/2018/06/investing-in-starhub-at-right-price.html

AK71 said...

"I like people admitting they were complete stupid horses’ asses. I know I’ll perform better if I rub my nose in my mistakes. This is a wonderful trick to learn." - Charlie Munger

DTT said...

Hi AK, what's your view on EC World REIT? Mind sharing your view on this REIT? It's currently priced at a huge discount to NAV, gearing < 30%, and with a pipeline possible acquisitions. Thank you.

AK71 said...

Hi DTT,

You might be interested in this blog:
EC World REIT.

DTT said...

"It just didn't seem rewarding enough for the risks we must bear. I would demand a much higher yield for something like this."

With yield now at 8.9% and P/NAV at 0.75, would you consider this as rewarding enough for the risk? Moreover, with gearing at 29.5%, it means there is sufficient debt headroom for debt-funded acquisitions in the future.

AK71 said...

Hi DTT,

If you read my blog again on the REIT, I had other considerations. :)

sgfinancemusings said...

Hi AK,

Are you looking at temporarily parring down Accordia Golf Trust due to the large scale of typhoon and earthquakes happening to Japan recently, which will most definitely affect the next quarter's result.

AK71 said...

Hi LGRT,

As investors, we have to ask if downturns are enduring in nature.

If they are not enduring, I don't sell.

I don't know if prices will go down or up.

If Mr. Market sells AGT at a lower price, I might buy more. ;)

laurence said...

Hi, AK,

At 14.07 hrs today (25 Sep 18), someone dumped 651,200 shares of Centurion at $0.42 and $0.425 in one fell swoop.
Was that You?
Lol.

AK71 said...

Hi Laurence,

Really? Not me.

I am in the queue to buy more. ;)

laurence said...

Quote
I am in the queue to buy more. ;)
Unquote

I added more last week and yesterday as well to average down my PPS.

AK71 said...

Hi Laurence,

What is "PPS"?

laurence said...

Quote.
What is "PPS"?
Unquote.

Price per Share.

AK71 said...

Hi Laurence,

Ah, I learn something new everyday. :)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award