The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Leaving a legacy as ASSI turns 9 and AK stops blogging.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Reader says...
I'm thankful for the positive impact u have on my life, up there with Warren Buffett and rich dad.

I hope in time I be able to pay it forward like u did


AK says...
I am glad my blog has been helpful 😀






Reader says...
That's an understatement, too many ppl and too much money this world, just not enough ppl who want and able to make a difference.

Of course that depends on whether u become even more lazy in blogging hehe.


This blog will be your legacy to those who wants to design their life, we can only help ppl who wants to help themselves like you always talk to yourself






AK says...
Aiyoh. You gave me such a big hat to wear.

I think I prefer my current hat. 😛


Thank you very much for the compliment.


I wasn't looking for one but I appreciate the kind words. 😀


I suspect I will get lazier when it comes to blogging and other things related to my blog.


However, I won't stop doing it if I still enjoy it.


The day I stop is the day I no longer enjoy it or when I am no longer able to do it. 🙂






Reader says...
My bet u will, actually gardening is Zen to my mind.

Learning much thru movies, history and human psyche.


Hope I can be 闲云野鹤 by 45


Enough faith thou not of the religious kind on this journey






AK says...
Unless severely disadvantaged, all of us can aspire towards financial freedom.

I am sure you can make your wish come true!


Yes, have faith and believe it! 


Gambatte!





Reader says...
U have shown what's possible mere mortals can achieve ... 

(and) make a positive and meaningful difference like what you have for many others like me, much appreciated and with gratitude AK, if AK can do it so can I!

AK says...
That is the spirit! 

Huat ah! 😀




ASSI is 9 years old this year.

To be quite realistic, one day, I will stop blogging but that day is not today.

However, I will probably be blogging less often from now.

When I do blog, it might be just to share my CPF numbers and my passive income numbers (as long as I still find it a meaningful activity.)

Remember that everyone's life can be and should be better.

As long as we continue doing the right things, the right thing should happen for us.

If AK can do it, so can you!






Related posts:

1. Getting the most out of ASSI.
2. To retire by 45, start with a plan.

10 comments:

AK71 said...

Readers says...
Saw your latest post on blogging less frequently. Just wanna say thanks for sharing your financial knowledge with us all this while.

As someone who has almost no financial background, I benefitted quite a lot from reading your blog. For instance, insurance companies come up with new policies (e.g. new ILP) every now and then, which sound rather fanciful at times. But at the end of the day, nothing really beats good old CPF.

Also, I learnt that there isn’t any magic method to get rich quick without taking huge risks. For most people, it all boils down to saving money and invest prudently.

All the best for whatever you’re doing. 👍 👋

AK71 said...

Raymond Ng says...
Quarterly blog post should be good enough.

Your blog has lots of wisdom and treasures.

Your readers should read through those articles on the right panel should they want to know more.

Thanks Assi AK.



Kok Koon says...
Cant say it better. Thanks AK. 🙂

AK71 said...

Jimmy Ng says...
9 years since.... time flies.
BHS & FRS are max level. Thanks to your timely blog of a long ignored tool.


Kok Koon says...
Thanks AK. Achieved the same because of your musings.

AK71 said...

Wong Yao Keng says...

"that day is not today" quote very familiar leh

Aragon from Lord of the Rings,
"Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!"

AK71 said...

Sim On says...
Please dont stop. I have not find, anyone better than AK and to be frank not interested to find anyone better. Take a rest but dont leave us.💪

AK71 said...

Cassidy Gan says...
Stop blogging? Are seriously kidding? Why now? Why not later like another 5 years to go. We just started to get into the momentum of things. Can you just keep going even if you are sputtering!

AK71 said...

Adeline Low says...
We will miss you like crazy!

Unknown said...

AK ,
Reading your blog for the first time.
Very interesting and informative. Much to learn from your investment journey.
Thank you for sharing .Keep blogging.

AK71 said...

Hi Unknown,

Welcome to my blog.

I am glad you are enjoying it. :)

AK71 said...

Reader says...
thanks AK! will read those links from your blog!
hard to keep up w your blog cos you have so much content!
but i see it as a good thing!


AK says...
I am blogging less often but I like to think that my blog has lots of evergreen content for your reading pleasure. 😉


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award