The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

YouTube! Level up! $1.3m! Average but rich!

Monday, January 16, 2023

Restarting my YouTube channel a few months ago, I didn't think it would stick.

When I started the channel 12 years ago, it was just to share some of the videos I took while on vacations.

That sputtered out pretty quickly.

Then, 2 years ago, I thought of sharing my adventures in Neverwinter but not many readers were interested.

8 months ago, although I suspected that not many readers would be interested, I thought of sharing some Genshin Impact gameplay.

It should have ended there.

However, I went on to experiment with making "audio books" or "audio pages" to be more exact as I kept the videos very short.

Without really knowing it, I have been doing this for 8 months now!

Stunned like vegetable!

Like I told a fellow blogger recently, in my retirement, I am a bit spoilt.

If it isn't fun, I don't do it.

If I were to do something these days thinking about the money it makes or the money it might make, I doubt it would stick.

Yes, it is about work if we want to and not work if we have to.

Alamak.

Wrong word!

Not "work" lah.

OK, it is about having fun if we want to and not having fun if we have to!

This truly is levelling up!

Bad AK! Bad AK!




Anyway, after 8 months as a YouTuber, sort of, I have received some interesting comments from viewers.

Yes, now I get to say "viewers" instead of "readers" too.

Alamaks!

AK's videos no need to view one.

Only need to listen.

Oh dear, another wrong word.

OK, not "viewers" but "listeners."

One listener, CTH, sent me this comment today:

I am 48y old this year. 

Should have $1.3 million in my CPF by 65y old. 

Keeping fingers crossed. 

Been staying dirt cheap in mini HDB flat too small with wife and 2 teenagers kids (16y n 14y). 

Love the government subsidies and low property tax. 

Don't even know the pain of COE for a car, lol. 

People laugh at our cheap lifestyle for close to 2 decades. 

Your blog keeps us going. 

See you around. You're the man. :)

In response, I told CTH that financial prudence and patience will be rewarded.

All in good time.




We are all wired differently and have different circumstances.

However, unless we are badly disadvantaged, most of us in Singapore can be financially free if we do what is within our abilities to do.

It depends more on whether we have the willpower to do it.

This reminds me of another reader's story which I shared in this blog:

More passive income than "richer" friends.

To everyone on the journey to financial freedom, remember that average income workers can be rich too:

Average income workers have a choice to be rich!

If AK can do it, so can you!

AK's YouTube channel: HERE.

Recently published:
Largest investments updated.


An example of my vacation videos:  
An example of my Neverwinter videos:  
An example of my Genshin Impact videos:  
Good luck and have fun!


0 comments:


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award