The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

$460K scammed. Chen Liping & Lin Meijiaos' lesson?

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

I have not been watching anything on TV for many years. 

I don't even know who are the new stars in local dramas.

I only know Zoe Tay, Chew Chor Meng and people in that age group.

Alamak.

Did I just reveal my age?

Anyway, when I read that Chen Liping and Lin Meijiao got scammed, I was stunned like vegetable.

Then, I felt sad.

Really, really sad.

Why like that?

Source: Today Online.





I don't know how rich they are but how they just handed over hundreds of thousands of dollars to a friend to pass to another friend was mind boggling.

They thought it was to be used for some investment which would make them more money.

No due diligence whatsoever.

Yes, I get it that it was a friend they trusted.

I am using the past tense, yes.

So, shouldn't we trust our friends?

Oh, I am not going there.

Bu yao hai wo.

We can trust (some) friends.

However, this case is about putting our trust in a friend's friend.

We don't even know that person who is going to be "investing" the money!

Sigh.




I hope Chen Liping and Lin Meijiao remember this lesson for a long time.

I have no malice when I say this.

I really do mean well.

Like I said, I don't know how rich they are but, for most of us, it would be very depressing to lose that kind of money.

It wasn't even due to a bad investment decision.

To me, they were simply too easy going with their money.

It made them easy targets for cheats.




It was worse than being sold unsuitable products by financial advisers.

Remember this blog from 10 years ago?
Nobody cares more about our money than we do!

Indeed.

If we don't care about our money, our money won't stay around long enough to care for us.

It is not a bad thing to be a bit cynical in life.

Not too cynical.

Just a bit.

Related posts:
1. Taking candy from babies.
2. Advice from a fraudster.




0 comments:


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award