The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Mr. Lee Kuan Yew on impressing people. Latest videos.

Saturday, April 8, 2023

Mr. Lee Kuan Yew said this in 2011.

"I see no reason why I should impress people by having a big car or changing my suits every now and again to keep up with the latest styles.

"I've got many new suits that are absolutely in good condition because I seldom wear them.

"In fact, the older I get, the less willing I am to spend time putting on a suit and tie.

"I just have a blouson or a buttoned-up Chinese jacket, and it saves a lot of trouble.

"I have had them for many years and they are very comfortable."




Latest videos by AK production house:

Have a good weekend!

Recently published:
Why do we obssess with salaries? Why compare?

Related posts:
1. Mr. Lee Kuan Yew said China could become pushy.
2. Why I have been silent on Mr. Lee's passing?





2 comments:

SecretA said...

why quote a person who wrote 7 wills and still got it wrong. surely u can find better examples

AK71 said...

SecretA said...
why quote a person who wrote 7 wills and still got it wrong. surely u can find better examples.

AK responds:
We cannot be right all the time.
Everyone makes mistakes, especially when we are mentally infirm in our old age.
Instead, I would focus on Mr. Lee's philosophy and his wisdom.
I wouldn't discredit a person who was largely responsible for a successful Singapore just because some people thought he got his will wrong.


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award