The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Why increase exposure to UOB? Stellar Q1 2023 results!

Thursday, April 27, 2023

I am having a lot of fun producing YouTube videos.


Most YouTube videos I see in the personal finance space are around 10 to 15 minutes in length.

My YouTube videos are relatively short, with the longest at around 5 minutes and the shortest at a bit more than 1 minute in length.

Trying to deliver more in less time is the goal here.

The videos are also listenable and don't require watching.

Close our eyes, let them rest while we listen.

I just produced a video on UOB's Q1 2023 results.

For readers who do not follow my YouTube channel, here is the video.




I don't know how long my interest in video production will last but like blogging, it is a hobby to me. 

So, I will probably keep doing it as long as I still find it enjoyable.

Remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel for timely notifications if you are interested in being updated.




6 comments:

garudadri said...

Dear AK
First time I saw your video. Agree fully
The UOB NIM already fell and will fall further
The interest rate cycle is peaking and the only way banks can make further progress is by increased loan offtake plus wealth management and other sources of non interest income
UOB has also been enticing investors with higher rates on fixed deposits and cost of funding is soaring
Am waiting to add, tomorrow it goes ex dividend
The worldwide sentiment is against financials and this might be a blessing in disguise for long term investors
I have started adding to major US banks holdings and will replicate this in SG, hopefully soon
At 28 plus change, UOB is good long term
At 12.50; and below nibbling OCBC and at 32 for DBS is my plan
On another note, I saw your brief video on AIMS APAC
Coincidentally
I added some this morning as rates will fall and next year good REITS will do well
Regards
Garudadri

AK71 said...

Hi Garudadri,

Glad you like the video. :)

Net interest margins for all three Singapore banks will come under increasing pressure, for sure.

I agree that negative market sentiments will create buying opportunities for investors with a longer time horizon.

Wow! You are on a buying spree!

AIMS APAC REIT is not only one of my largest investments but one of my oldest too.

It has dutifully brought home the bacon over the years and I expect it to continue doing so for many more years to come. :D

SgFire said...

Hi Ak,

Uob already closer to your support level, what are you waiting for?

AK71 said...

Hi SgFire,

Waiting for $28. LOL. ;p

Wisely said...

Hi AK,
Saw your video on US bank run and Defensive investing.You also invested in OCBC at $12 but remind yourself of further problem spread of US bank run and also its may affect Singapore Banks if there is bank run.

Why invest in OCBC then at $12 if there is possibility of bank run happening at US and may spread to SG banks or confident in SG banks where they may take a hit?It seem that AK is bipolar here.When US bank run spread but no bank run in SG banks,what will you do with your bank shares?

I become bipolar too after watching both your videos and having the same problem here as 50 per cent of my portfolio is in SG banks and thinking of adding OCBC at $12 too.Hope to hear from your comment to clarified my bipolar mind a bit.

from wisely

AK71 said...

Hi Wisely,

People don't believe me when I tell them I am a mental patient at IMH.

Now, maybe, people will believe me? LOL.

What goes on in my mind, I share in my blogs and my videos.

The fact is there are things we don't know we don't know.

However, if we let fear of the unknown stops us from acting, then, we would never invest in anything.

All we can do is to act on what we know but not to be overly optimistic which is why we should inject some degree of defensive investing in our behavior.

This is what I have been doing as I increased the proportion of fixed income in my portfolio in recent months as the front end of the yield curve has been elevated.

I would invest in Singapore banks as they are relatively safe but I won't throw in everything including the kitchen sink. ;)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award