The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

UOB: Interim dividend 85c per share! Huat ah!

Thursday, July 27, 2023

During "Evening with AK and friends 2023", I said that UOB would continue to grow its earnings very strongly. 

This is thanks in a large part to its acquisition of Citibank's consumer business in 4 South East Asian countries.

UOB has delivered and in terms of dividends, it has exceeded my expectation.

85 cents interim dividend per share has been declared.

Huat ah!

Source: UOB.





Although I only started investing in UOB during the COVID-19 pandemic, it grew into one of my largest investments within a few weeks.

"When it's raining gold, reach for a bucket, not a thimble."

Warren Buffett said this, not me.

Since then, I have been adding to my investment in UOB, most notably when the price of its common stock languished at around $26 a share for a while last year.

This enlarged investment in UOB is going to bring home a larger portion of bacon.

I remind myself that UOB retains 50% of its earnings which means that it is growing more valuable over time.

If the constant buying back of shares by UOB is anything to go by, this is probably going to be the case for some time to come.

Investing in UOB is not just investing for income, it is also investing for growth.

We can have our cake and eat it too.

If AK can do it, so can you!

Related post:
Banks: Even higher dividends?

6 comments:

C said...

Days of buying UOB at around $26 is over liao.. haven't buy enough yet..haha

AK71 said...

Hi C,

Never say never. ;)

Boat might come back.

We just have to be prepared. :D

Reference:
Revisiting AK's simple strategy with Charlie Munger.

Yv said...

A very happy good morning to you! Steady pom-pi-pi results and hopefully more to come from the other 2 banks.

AK71 said...

Hi Yv,

I also say! :D

Q3 2023 could turn out to be just as good as Q2 2023 in terms of passive income generated by my portfolio.

Crossing fingers. ;p

^_^ said...

u are guru and I am gondu
but why I got more subs than you on youtube LOL

AK71 said...

"ML said...
u are guru and I am gondu
but why I got more subs than you on youtube LOL
July 30, 2023 at 6:52 PM"

Hi ML,

Alamak. Why you like that say? O_o

You have more subs than me? Gong xi gong xi! :D

You are a hardworking YouTuber.

I am just doing it for fun and laughter. ;p


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award