1. Frugality can only help in your wealth building effort. Good on you.
2. Try to build up passive income to improve cash flow but it is easier to improve cash flow by reducing expenses first. You still have room for this.
3. Rental market is expected to remain soft. My stand on the condo remains the same if you are concerned about cash flow. (Readers who are interested, please see related posts below.)
4. If you have no dependents, you don't need life insurance. (Dispense with this expense and have more savings.)
5.1 SRS makes sense for anyone who is paying quite a bit in income tax.
5.2 If you are worried about losing money at your age, obviously you are worried about volatility. If you cannot stomach volatility, staying away from the stock market is not a bad idea. Peace of mind is priceless.
5.3 I was paid to give a talk at one of Jeff Sun's event. I don't know him personally and don't know whether he is a good guy. So, to clarify, my appearance at one of his events was not an endorsement of his business or person.
1. 52 year old lost $200K and unsure about next 30 years (Part 1).
2. Should we buy a shoebox condo in NE Singapore?