The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

STAR WARS AND FINANCIAL FREEDOM IN 2017!

Sunday, January 1, 2017


A reader made a droll statement on FB and I decided to share some quotations from my favourite Science Fiction movie on the first day of 2017:

Related post #1. There are many who do not believe in delayed gratification and the power it has to improve our financial health:

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Related post #2. For those of us who believe that saving more and investing in income producing assets for a more secure financial future is the way to go, remember, if a job is worth doing, it is worth doing well. Don't be half hearted.
Do or don't do. There is no try.

Related post #3. We will do well to embrace our financial fragility. We are not invincible. It is better to be cautious even if we are strong. Why? Strong, yes. Invincible, no.
Don't get cocky.


Related post #4. There will be times when we feel like throwing in the towel. I know. Sometimes, life just throw us a curve ball or two. I have been there. Well, you might want to book mark this page and remember the X-wing fighter that destroyed the Death Star. Don't let the bad guys win!
Stay on target.

Related post #5. Of course, there is always fear. There is fear that we can never beat the system (e.g. CPF). There is fear that we might grow old and destitute. There is fear that we can never retire. There is also fear in Mr. Market from time to time. Make use of Mr. Market's fear and build passive income!
There is something stronger than fear. The Force (of passive income).


For those who don't follow me on FB, the culprit:


BEWARE THE DARK SIDE which is usually full of bling bling stuff and other tempting objects disguised as needs and very often touted by self serving minions as such.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!
HAVE A STELLAR AND FUN 2017!
Related posts:
1. Delayed gratification.

2. Building an income portfolio.
3. I lost my life savings.
4. Make $1m investing for income.
5. Best insurance in life!

2 comments:

K said...

Hi AK,

Where are you placing your "warchest"? In FDs or short-term bonds 1 year? Actually, I am concerned that I might be too conservative and thus getting very low returns on my assets.

Thanks.

AK71 said...

Hi K,

I am not too concerned with getting high returns on money in my war chest. I am more concerned with having a war chest so that I can invest for higher returns. ;)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award