The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Healthway Medical, Golden Agriculture and Saizen REIT.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This is going to be a quick look at Healthway Medical, Golden Agriculture and Saizen REIT.  A quick look is all I might be able to do in the next couple of days as I am on vacation and the internet connection at the hotel is rather pricey. I am writing this after midnight after a nice night out.  I hope I am still writing coherently.

Healthway Medical closed at 17.5c on Monday, the same as the previous session last week.  It is showing resilience as expected.  However, the price moved to touch a high of 18.5c before closing lower.  This formed a candle with a long wick on top.  If you have been following my blog, you might remember that I dislike such candles.  Price is unable to close higher on a day with much higher volume.  Not too positive, you might agree.  OBV and MFI are flat, suggesting a lack of conviction either way.  The MFI is hovering under the overbought region and that suggests that any upside in the immediate term might not be very durable.  Fundamentally, I am not convinced that Healthway Medical should trade at anything higher than 18.5c which is what it is worth, post rights, if it trades at the same valuation as Raffles Medical Group, both in terms of PE ratio as well as P/B value.

Golden Agriculture's bullish reversal candle in the last session was not confirmed on Monday.  It has also formed a candle with a long wick on top which I dislike.  Price closed lower today at 53.5c.  However, unlike Healthway Medical, volume was much reduced yesterday with MFI declining to the 50% level.  At this level, there is more room for price to move higher if a reversal comes along.  Of course, MFI could continue to move lower and if the price decline stalls or moderates as this happens, it is actually a positive. OBV continues to decline but more gently, suggesting that distribution might be moderating. I would accumulate Golden Agriculture at the next support levels I identified in earlier posts.

Saizen REIT's price closed unchanged and it seems that the rising 20dMA is providing some support at this point in time.  Volume shrank while MFI continued its decline.  OBV has flattened.  What is interesting is the declining MFI.  This suggests a lack of buying momentum but if this continues to lower without any corresponding decline in price, it is actually a positive.  I would keep an eye on this.  Saizen REIT is still a counter I will continue to accumulate at supports.  This REIT, I firmly believe, is going to be re-rated upwards in time and when that happens, the market will recognise its value in the usual way.

Have a good Tuesday, everyone.

13 comments:

CL said...

Hi bro,

think your adv of amazon on the top left is blocking ur blog. Just to let you know as i am a fan of your blog .

AK71 said...

Hi CL,

Thanks for letting me know but on my browser, it is OK. I am using IE8. Which browser are you using? I will shrink the size of the ad. Let me know if it helps. Thanks again! :)

Anonymous said...

AK 71.

In your opinion, which counter is better? Healthway or Saizen Reit?

I may divert my investment to Saizen Reit.

Cheers

Kingston

CL said...

ohoh, using chrome, like it cause its generally faster. :) well IE works. well maybe switch to IE
when browsing ur page. :)

Thanks,

CL

AK71 said...

Hi Kingston,

I like both Healthway and Saizen REIT but for different reasons. You have to decide on what you want from your portfolio. If you want growth potential, Healthway. If you want high yield, Saizen REIT. If you want both, well, get both. ;)

AK71 said...

Hi CL,

That sounds like a plan. Cheers! :)

Anonymous said...

AK,

I have tried firefox & IE7, both got problems with your amazon ad blocking partially your content.

what do you think about the movement of LMIR today? sharp fall :(

-W

CL said...

Cheers,any1 received the letter from healthway yet?? Any way AK71 many thanks for this blog. Being thought lots of things from here since i started my virgin trade since December 2009. 1st stock bought was Magnus 2nd was healthway. thru reading your blog. Anyway many thanks for the pointers that you provided.

cheers,

CL

AK71 said...

Hi W,

You are referring to the same ad which CL talked about at the top left hand corner of my blog? OK, I will remove it later.

LMIR is still one of my favourite high yields. The decline today was on the back of rather low volume. So, although it looks bad with a solid black candle crashing through even the 100dMA support, I am not too worried and if it does decline a bit more, I might be interested enough to add to my position. Of the top of my head, decent yield of >10% p.a. and a gearing of <20% in a country where domestic consumption is 65% of GDP, LMIR will continue to do well, fundamentally.

AK71 said...

Hi CL,

So, you bought some Healthway Medical's shares in December? Perfect timing. :)

You will be receiving a package from CDP regarding Healthway Medical's rights issue soon, I guess. I will only know when I'm back in Singapore later this week.

bummy said...

Hi CL, last date for trading of healthway 'nil paid' rights is 3 Feb. You should thus obtain your package by 6 Feb and have until 9 Feb to accept & pay (via atm) for the rights. Instructions will be in the package

CL said...

Thanks Bummy and AK71, Last question will they cancel my rights if i sold off everything after EX?? tried to buy back but erm...cant get a gd price

AK71 said...

Hi CL,

Selling away your Healthway shares at XR, you still get to keep the rights. Don't worry.


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award