The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Special dividend from VICOM and financial freedom.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

I just received a letter from LTA that my car is due for an inspection.

Wow!

Has it really been three years?

Time really flies.

This is something older people feel more keenly than the younger ones.





The younger ones think that they still have time to plan for retirement and they are probably right.

However, if they think that they can kick the can down the road, this could result in them regretting when they are older.

Many older people do regret not planning earlier for retirement.

Time and tide wait for no man. 


Before we know it, we are 55 years old.





We have but one life to live.

Take ownership.


Don't blame the system.


Don't blame fate.


Don't blame anyone else.


We should only blame ourselves if we cannot retire well in Singapore.






Anyway, when I was making payment to have my car inspected in VICOM, I noticed that the price has gone up but I was quite ZEN about it.

Why?

VICOM is paying for my inspection, after all.

I know.

Bad AK! Bad AK!





Regular readers know that I have a larger smaller investment in VICOM ($50,000 to $100,000) and receive regular dividends.

The fact that VICOM declared a final dividend of 23.17 cents and a special dividend of 8.62 cents means more passive income for me.

However, it is also good on another level as the largest shareholder of VICOM is ComfortDelgro and I have a relatively large investment in ComfortDelgro which also pays me dividends.





VICOM and ComfortDelgro together are probably bigger than my investment in AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT or similar in size.

They are all important passive income generators in my investment portfolio and they are pretty predictable ones too.

To all my readers on the investing for income path, keep at it because financial freedom is not a dream.

If AK can do it, so can you!


However, only Mr. Bean can do this.






Related posts:
1. Invested in ComfortDelgro.

2. Invested in VICOM.
3. Passive income all gone!

0 comments:


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award