The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Retirement, YouTube channel and quick update.

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

I have been watching lots of videos on YouTube lately and learning new stuff.

I have also been watching more Chinese drama and anime lately.

My goodness, the Chinese have some high quality stuff!

All this happened while I was researching Chinese tech stocks before deciding to get some exposure.

Had to sacrifice some gaming time, unfortunately.

Genshin Impact is so good and it is Chinese too!

Now, I only log in to do my dailies, run a few domains and take part in events.

I still log in to Neverwinter daily to collect my rewards and run some dailies.

All in all, gaming takes about 2 hours per day max.

I have said before that I cannot imagine being bored in retirement and that is still true.

There is just so much for me to do.





Anyway, yesterday, I took a look at my own YouTube channel.

AK has a YouTube channel?

Yes, indeed, long time readers might remember my YouTube channel which I started more than 11 years ago in October 2010.

Surprised?

I have forgotten how long ago it was and I was surprised when I looked at the date of my first video.

I started blogging in 2009 on Christmas Eve out of curiosity and boredom. 

Blogging has been an amazing outlet for me to talk to myself.

No regrets.

I started my YouTube channel for mostly the same reasons.

Feeling nostalgic as I watched my own YouTube videos, I thought I would do a quick blog to share the old antique with anyone who might be feeling bored and curious like I was when I started the channel.

So, here is AK's YouTube channel






Maybe, I should revive the channel and post some new videos.

Just maybe.

After posting some videos which I took while vacationing, the channel went dormant for many years. 


10 years later, I posted videos of some of my adventures in Neverwinter.

So, no clear direction for the channel.

I just did whatever I felt like doing at the time.

Anyway, I am really glad I made those videos of my adventures in Neverwinter because Sharandar has been removed and replaced with New Sharandar.

I rather liked the old Sharandar.

Oh, well.

I haven't spent a single cent on Neverwinter (just like how I haven't spent a single cent on Genshin Impact.)

Shan't complain (too much.)





Now, since I am blogging, quick update on what I did in the stock market recently.

I added some SBS Transit and increased my investment in ComfortDelgro.

Why?

Simply put, EPS should improve as we learn to live with COVID-19 and, then, DPS should improve too.

I will blog more about this probably when I share my 2Q 2022 results.

Akan datang. ;)

Related post:
Thoughts on preparing for early retirement.

Recently published:
Buying more Chinese tech stocks today.




3 comments:

laurence said...

China's big tech companies such as Tencent, iQiyi, Alibaba, etc have been producing lots of fantastic, exciting, magical fantasy and historical fantasy drama series for online screening. Most are also adapted from xianxia novels, online games and manga.
I recommend you to watch these:
-- Ever Night Series 1
-- Ever Night Series 2
-- Ancient Love Poetry
-- The Untamed
-- Sword, Snow, Stride
-- Eternal Love of Dream (aka Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms)
-- Three Lives, Three Worlds, The Pillow Book

AK71 said...

Hi Laurence,

Thanks for the recommendations!

Retired AK is busier than when he was working. ;p

AK71 said...

Added a few new videos today, including a video on the shirt I blogged about in 2018:

This is getting embarrassing.

Had a good laugh. ;p


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award