The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

OCBC reports stellar Q1 2023 results! +1

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Well, two big things happening today.

One bigger than the other.

The bigger one is OCBC reporting Q1 2023 results.

I just produced a video for this.

For readers who are not subscribed to my YouTube channel, here is the video.

Fantastic response from OCBC after getting downgraded by both JP Morgan and CIMB.

I also produced videos for these.




The smaller thing happening today is "Evening with AK and friends."

To everyone who has bought tickets, remember to have an early dinner.

If no time for early dinner, at least bring a snack like a Gardenia bun or Old Chang Kee curry puff which you can eat outside the lecture hall during breaks.

Why must be Gardenia or Old Chang Kee brands of snacks?

No other food allowed?

You know, I know.

If you still don't know, ask me this evening.

Anyway, I will try to remember to have a 10 mins break after every 50 mins of talking.

So, you can go to the washroom or have a snack.

Come prepared with questions and we will have an epic chit chat session as always.

Hard to believe but it has been almost 5 years since the last time we did this.

See:
Financial freedom and a long break from public appearances.

See you this evening!




12 comments:

Wei said...

Question for tonight - If you were 20/30 years younger, what would your prioritise buying. Safe banks now at 4-5% yields, undervalued stocks like Wilmar, CDG etc, or strong Reits at current 6-7% yields?

Thank you and see you tonight!

C said...

Thank you AK for the excellent performance of your evening with AK and friends session. :) I was the one who took photo with you, together with my aunt. We sat in the front row, studiously taking notes.

Summary-
- Inflation is likely to stay high
- US regional banks are facing a potential domino effect sort of bank run, if they fall, same goes the many small businesses which they have been funding.
- Set aside dry powder to buy local banks (especially UOB first, then OCBC) on the dips, slowly and surely
- IREIT global and Aims Apac REIT are two well managed REITs
- Comfortdelgro suffered from competition by Grab, but we know who has strong balance sheet and who is burning cash.
- Don't be too optimistic or pessimistic
- remember the pyramid, with CPF/ cash buffer as the strong foundation, then dividend stocks, and a little of growth stocks..

You are my inspiration, thank you !

AK71 said...

Hi Wei,

I was already on my way to the venue and didn't see your question here.

However, I think you would know my answer now since you were at the event. :)

I would invest in UOB and OCBC as they are more attractive than the REITs.

I like Wilmar too as they have demonstrated over the years their market savvy and their willingness to reward investors.

CDG should pay steady dividends but I won't be expecting amazing growth there.

You might want to watch my YouTube video:

How to become a millionaire by investing in Singapore banks.

AK71 said...

Hi C,

Very good to see you and your aunt again. :D

Hard to believe that it has been more than 4 years since the last time we had a session like this.

Time does fly. :)

Thanks for sharing the nice bullet points you have there.

However, to clarify, I didn't say to prioritize UOB over OCBC.

That one, you say one hor.

bu yao hai wo. -.-"

Thank for letting me know that I am still able to inspire as that is all I aim to do. :)

C said...

Hi AK, think you mistaken us for other people. This is my first time attending your physical get together session.

I am the head of the HDB household which you mentioned in your 2 blog posts back in 2014. What a prescient remark you made back then, the journey was all worth it. Tears of gratitude and joy. Cheers.

AK71 said...

Hi C,

Alamak. so pai seh.

Why you didn't tell me on the spot? ;p

A thousand apologies.

2014. Almost 10 years ago. Feeling my age suddenly. LOL.

I went to dig up the blogs you mentioned.

Head of typical HDB flat household speaks. Part 1.
Part 2.
Part 3.

I found 3 blogs. Not just 2. LOL.

I am really so glad that the journey was all worthwhile for you. :D

Wei said...

Hi AK,

Yes I knew your answer as the night went on so I didn't feel it was necessary to ask again at the event. And also the pyramid is a good reminder how to allocate resources between banks, undervalued stocks and REITs. gamxia!

AK71 said...

Hi Wei,

Hope I got to say "hi" to you.

Wish I had more time to interact with readers who wanted more interaction.

As for the pyramid, not everyone should have a pointed top pyramid.

Most would do well enough with a flat top pyramid.

By that, I mean to do away with the letter "S". ;p

Thanks for taking the time to spend an evening with AK. :D

Wei said...

Hi AK,

I was one of the two guys sitting in front helping you take pictures. We enjoyed helping and seeing everyone so eager to take pictures with you :D

AK71 said...

Hi Wei,

Ah, so, are you the teacher or friend of the teacher? ;p

In case you are too shy to tell me, I say thank you to you first.

Thank you plenty plenty. :D

Wei said...

I'm the friend of the teacher. He's the one who introduced me to your blog many years back, so we've been long time followers. 2nd time attending the event. Previously it was very hard to get tickets, now it's easier. Better for us :p

AK71 said...

Hi Wei,

Always good to be able to put a face to a name. :D

Thanks for letting me know although I am likely to get mixed up next year if another session should happen.

Growing old sucks. (TmT)

I rather like it that we didn't sell all the tickets too, to be honest.

It sounds perverse but it is true.

No sad and disappointed readers who couldn't get a ticket.

And no scalpers! Happiness! :D

As long as we are able to sell most of the tickets which is enough to cover costs and still have money to do charity with, I am happy. :)


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award