The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

SSB, T-bills, DBS and UOB. Plan for December. Easy.

Sunday, December 3, 2023

This is probably going to my final blog post for 2023.

Planning on taking it easy for the rest of the month when it comes to social media.

Have been a little too active in the last few months on YouTube.

Now, going to spend more quality time with myself.

Being able to play three games everyday on my new gaming laptop makes me very happy.

That is what retirement is about.

It is about being happy.

A few things to talk about.




1. T-bills and SSB.

The Singapore Savings Bond being offered this month is offering a stunning 3.07% p.a. 10 year average yield.

Stunning for the wrong reason since last month's offer gave an attractive 3.4% p.a. 10 year average yield.

I think I will give this one a miss.

Am I veering away from my plan to keep buying Singapore Savings Bond as long as the yield is above 3% p.a. or not?

Well, the plan was to replace CPF Voluntary Contributions with Singapore Savings Bonds.

I have already done it with money meant for the CPF in 2023 and 2024.

2025 is work in progress and there is really no hurry.

In the meantime,  I will continue to strengthen my T-bill ladder.

The last T-bill auction had a cut-off yield of 3.8% p.a.

Hopefully, it stays there for the auctions happening this month too.




2. DBS and UOB.

I still want to increase my investment in the local banks.

OCBC is already a very large position.

So, the idea now is to grow my positions in DBS and UOB.

For me, the stock prices to add would be between $30 to $30.50 for DBS and closer to $26 for UOB.

3. Taking it easy.

I have been thinking of taking it easy when it comes to investing for some time.

However, after a recent recording with The Fifth Person, I have been thinking about it even more.

The decision to retire early was a big step for me.

I was always a worrier and I still am a worrier.

Still, I convinced myself that I had sufficient financial resources to retire early.

Then, in retirement, I began to question if I really did have enough.

I continued to invest for income and increase my passive income in retirement.




In recent years, I have been telling myself to take it easy and that I have enough financial resources not to have to worry.

I have had some success but something Adam said during the recording hit home.

So, I could simply just buy more Singapore Savings Bonds and T-bills from now on and still be quite comfortable.

Risk free and volatility free.

Don't have to do anything else.

This would be another phase in my life, if I should do this.

To be honest, I rather like it.

Anyway, that's all the talking to myself for now.

If AK can talk to himself, so can you!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

37 comments:

Yv said...

Hi

Glad to know you are not abandoning the blog for YT yet. Time flies, it's been a year since I stumbled upon your blog and reading your "talking to yourself" posts. Really grateful for sharing and looking forward to more interesting ramblings from you.


Wishing you and your family a blessed New Year ahead.

ace3256 said...

Hi AK, just wondering - what about your Wilmar position? I realise that it has been mostly reits and banks that have been your focus in your posts lately. Thanks!

AK71 said...

Hi Yv,

Blogging is my first love.

Don't think I will ever abandon it for YT. ;)

Wishing you and your family the very best in 2024! :D

AK71 said...

Hi ace3256,

I am still invested in Wilmar.

Haven't done anything to it in a long time.

Wilmar pays me a good dividend in good and bad times.

I rather like it. :)

Daniel Yip said...

Hi AK,

Mind to share what games you are playing?

Alcus Trader said...

Hi AK,

I agree. I think your passive income is in fact more than sufficient for your lifestyle. Not necessary to assume more risk in the market to chase for a bigger portfolio.

Thanks for the inspiration!

AT_AT said...

Merry Christmas and Happy new year, AK!
Enjoy the festivities season.

SnOOpy168 said...

Baby steps to the T-bills & S-Bond ladder.

1st aim was monthly participation
2nd aim was to participate in each auction.

Importantly, the rate hopefully stays >3.5%

Started using SRS as another tax deferment vehicle. Treat it as another piggy bank that I will touch at 65. Not sure about the impact but maxed it out this morning for the 1st time ever. I guess in future years: the voluntary contributions will be in this order.

1. (1st Jan) Top up medisave to the max
2. (1st Jan) top whatever balance of the $8k tax free allowance.
3. Top up SRS to the max ($15300 or avg $1275 x 12 mths)

The above will give me a tax relief of S$23,330.

4. The remaining CPF cap of $37,400. Well, I will let the contribution from employment take care of this. Will see if should cash baby steps into pushing towards the limit or use that cash for the t-bill ladder.

Won't be long before I have to let all t-bills from CPF IS mature and sit on the OA, so that I can do CPF SA shielding. Aim to push towards ERS.

Is there anything I overlooked, day dreamed too much or such that talking to myself gone gila. hehehehe.

Rellangis said...

Hi AK, wishing you a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year! Been busy playing BG3 lately. It is a really nice game, one which I think you will like too if you decide to buy. A definite game of the year.

AK71 said...

Hi Daniel,

For now, the games are Neverwinter, World of Warships and Black Desert Online. :)

AK71 said...

Hi Alcus Trader,

Thanks for the affirmation. :D

Been thinking of how to become even lazier and I think this might be it. ;p

AK71 said...

Hi AT_AT,

Merry X'mas and Happy 2024! :D

AK71 said...

Hi SnOOpy168,

Sometimes, talking to myself too much makes me go gila too. ;p

Sounds like you have a good plan there to grow your nest egg in a risk free manner. :D

AK71 said...

Hi Rellangis,

If I should change my mind one day about not paying for video games, BG3 is definitely one to go for.

So many of my MMORPG gaming kakis are playing BG3 now too. :)

Vin said...

Hi AK,
What is your opinion of ESR logistic and Sabana REIT?
Is it OK to buy ?

AK71 said...

Hi Vin,

I don't know if it is OK to buy. ;p

You might want to read my past blog posts on ESR and Sabana REIT just for info. :)

For example:
Offer of 46.5c per unit for Sabana REIT by Volare Group.
Friday, January 20, 2023

Vin said...

Thank you AK

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

c said...

As always, I am a faithful fan of your blog posts and your YT videos. Enjoy the cool weather December often offers while playing the computer games. Hope this 2023 has been good to you and your family! Wishing you a great year in 2024 :)
Cheers,
C

AK71 said...

Hi Vin,

Merry Xmas and Happy 2024! :D

AK71 said...

Hi c,

Never such a thing as a perfect year, of course.

Just have to take the good with the bad...

I hope that 2024 will be a better year for everybody.

Happy 2024! :D

SnOOpy168 said...

The interest rate for Central Provident Fund (CPF) Special and MediSave Accounts (SMA), as well as Retirement Accounts (RA), will rise to 4.08 per cent per annum in the first quarter of 2024

From Jan 1, CPF members below 65 years old will have their BHS increased from S$68,500 to S$71,500. Up by $3k

Wishing everyone, happy holidays and a Super 2024 ahead
Huat ah.

AK71 said...

Hi SnOOpy168,

Thanks for the update! :)

Will set aside $3K to top up the BHS in January 2024!

Happy holidays! :D

HH said...

Hi AK, latest t bill 3.74%. Not too bad still. Just that it may be trending down soon...

Sandra said...

Hi AK,

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Good 2024 with more time set aside for playing your games as you wish :)

Best regards,
Sandra

AK71 said...

Hi HH,

Can't complain when it is higher than any of my 6 months fixed deposits. ;p

AK71 said...

Hi Sandra,

Merry Xmas and Happy 2024! :D

More time for gaming would be nice. ;p

HH said...

Hello AK, T-bills yield most likely will drop. Are you still sticking to your T-bills ladder? Suddenly SSB 10 yr average yield of 3.07 percent seems not bad.

HH said...

Hi AK, with t bills yield potentially dropping, will u still be sticking to your T bill ladder?

AK71 said...

Hi HH,

No reason to dismantle my T-bill ladder yet.

On a relative basis, T-bills are still attractive to me.

Defi newebie said...

Hi AK,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Thanks for talking to yourself all this year, it helped me in unimaginable ways.

AK71 said...

Hi Defi,

Have an unimaginably merry x'mas and prosperous 2024! :D

Cory said...

Just read your post today. I just build up my portfolio to 30% bank. Trim some reits. I realise there is nothing much good and cheap to buy after. SSB and T-Bill indeed a good way to go. Hey Friend, you need to relax. You are "FILTHY RICH" relatively. If you run out of money, so are WE except way way before. One thing i would watch is oldage care. What's your plan when you are alone. That's the key. Maybe time to get a partner or soulmate for the last leg ? LOL

KC said...

Merry Christmas AK, and a happy new year in advance.

With the Fed signalling a pivot, will your strategy for 2024 change from buying bank stocks to reits?

AK71 said...

Hi Cory,

Thanks for sharing your strategy.

I like to think that there is nothing wrong with sitting on more cash if we cannot find attractive valuations in the market.

As for being rich, I have never considered myself to be rich and I still don't. :)

Planning for old age? Just going to continue gaming! ;p

AK71 said...

Hi KC,

I rather like my portfolio now.

Not going to fix what is not broken or at least I don't think it is broken. ;p

I gave an interview to The Fifth Person on where I think banks and REITs are going in the near future.

You might want to watch the video on YouTube. :)

Merry Xmas and Happy 2024! :D

The Dreamzola Traveller said...

LOL. Don't play too long games. Spend some time on workout!
While our portfolio grows with each year, our body gets older each year.
Not much fun when we gets pain here and there over the body, ouch pain pain cannot focus on killing the world boss!!!!!!!!

AK71 said...

Hi TDT,

Good reminder.

I try to do a minimum of 6K steps daily but 10K to 12K is what I do on a good day. :D


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award