The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Largest investments updated (mid 2024): Never run out of money in retirement.

Thursday, June 27, 2024

It has been quite a while since I last blogged about my largest investments.

The last time I published such a blog was in January 2023.

So, it has been a year and a half!

Apart from being lazy, I didn't do very much to my portfolio and, hence, I did not see the need to publish any updates.

However, I think it is about time I do this even if it is just to take into account changes in market prices.

Many things have changed in the past 18 months.

Before we start, I want to share a YouTube video I produced on how not to run out of money in retirement which I feel is an important topic:


Anyway, here is the update.

$500,000 or more

1. CPF

2. OCBC

My CPF savings is a constant.

Being risk free and volatility free, it provides peace of mind.

I have not done any voluntary contributions to my CPF account in the last 18 months.

Instead, I have used that money to buy Singapore Savings Bonds and I shared the reason why here and also in my YouTube channel, of course.





I have also used money in my CPF OA to buy T-bills which grows my CPF OA savings at a faster clip.

In dollar terms, it is quite meaningful as I have quite a large amount of money in my CPF OA.

So, my CPF savings has grown in size in the last 18 months despite lacking mandatory or voluntary contributions.

Next is OCBC which is my largest investment in equities.

Since the last update on my largest investments, I added to my position in OCBC at about $12.30 a share in the middle of 2023.

The market value of my investment in OCBC has gone up significantly as its share price has also appreciated quite a bit.

This is very nice but as an investor for income, I am more interested in the passive income generation.

OCBC has become and will continue to be the most important passive income generator for me.




$350,000 to $499,999

1. AIMS APAC REIT

2. DBS

3. UOB

4. SSBs and T-bills

Unlike the top bracket, there are some changes in the second highest bracket in my portfolio.

DBS and UOB have both moved upwards to join AIMS APAC REIT in this bracket.

The spectacular increase in the share prices of DBS and UOB resulted in their promotion in my portfolio.

There is also the fact that I added to my investment in UOB in the middle of 2023 at about $27.90 per share.

I also added to my investment in DBS in November of 2023 at about $31.80 per share.

Together, OCBC, UOB and DBS account for more than 45% of my portfolio's market value.

Then, there are SSBs and T-bills.

Together, they jumped two brackets upwards from 18 months ago.

Yes, together, they were in the lowest bracket 18 months ago.

I can save money relatively quickly since my passive income exceeds my expenses rather significantly.

I have been socking away money in SSBs and T-bills in the last 18 months.

Money which would have gone into my CPF account was instead used to buy SSBs.

Excess money was used to buy 6 months T-bills, strengthening my T-bill ladder.

This provides me with more passive income without any price risk.

The money in T-bills also come back every 2 weeks which is useful if there are investment opportunities presented by Mr. Market.




$200,000 to $349,999

1. IREIT Global

For readers who have a keen eye, they would have wondered what happened to IREIT Global which was in the higher bracket 18 months ago?

The large decline in unit price since the last update means IREIT Global has fallen in its position in my portfolio.

Having declined more than 40% in the last 18 months means IREIT Global is no longer my largest investment in the REIT universe.

It briefly replaced AIMS APAC REIT as the largest REIT investment in my portfolio 18 months ago.

I made a video about IREIT Global several months ago and the decline in unit price is not unexpected.

Here is the video for anyone who might be interested:

I am still holding on to the investment and will be adding if its unit price declines further.

I find it easier to value IREIT Global because it isn't holding something amorphous.

It is deeply undervalued and more so now that Mr. Market is feeling very pessimistic about it.

In fact, I am getting a bit of that Saizen REIT vibe.

Readers who have been following my blog for many years would know what I mean.

Still, same same but different.

So, do not throw caution to the wind.

I made a video about this recently too:





$100,000 to $199,999

1. Wilmar International

2. ComfortDelgro

3. Frasers Logistics Trust

Membership in this lowest bracket of my largest investments has changed.

Wilmar dropped one rank as its share price declined significantly.

I know Mr. Kuok and Mr. George Yeo added to their investments recently.

However, I am still waiting for $3.00 per share before adding.

Wilmar is very undervalued if we look at the sum of its parts.

However, conglomerates always suffer from conglomerate discount.

So, buying with a larger margin of safety for a person of limited means like myself is not a bad idea.

Wilmar is still profitable and pays a meaningful dividend which means I am being paid while I wait.

This is true for all my investments.

ComfortDelgro and Frasers Logistics Trust are both chugging along fine.

Nothing much to say there.

Sabana REIT and CapitaLand China Trust have dropped out from this bracket.

I reduced my investment in Sabana REIT substantially not too long ago and I blogged about it too.

Don't like how the internalization process seems to be fraught with speed bumps.

Like I said in the blog, it is very different from my experience with Croesus Retail Trust.

CapitaLand China Trust has seen its unit price plunged.

Unfortunately, its fate is tied to that of the Chinese economy which is not in a good place now.

Specifically, the Chinese property sector which accounts for 30% of the economy will be a dead weight for many years to come.




So, this is the update.

Although there are a couple of investments which are underperforming, overall, the portfolio is doing well.

That is what matters to me.

Performance on a portfolio level.

Of course, all of us have different beliefs and we should all do what we feel is right for us.

If AK can talk to himself, so can you.

Related posts:
1. Sabana REIT divestment.
2. Largest investments (4Q 2022.)

6 comments:

tadaha said...

Hi AK, I'm a long time reader, but first time commenting. I'm also holding on IREIT and really tempted to add to it when I saw the price dropped to 27 cents today. I agree with you that IREIT has got really strong balance sheet but what's holding me back is the current economic situation in Europe which is not looking too good. In fact, there's a good chance that the next global economic downturn could start from Europe. What do you think about this?

AK71 said...

We always read in the news about how the ultra rich lost millions or billions during bad times. However, they always emerge from bad times even richer when things recover. This is mostly because they invested more in good assets during bad times. 🤭

I believe the Berlin property is going to be worth mich more once updated. 🤞

The current pessimism could get worse in the meantime and it would be a chance for me to own more of it at a big discount.🙊

HH said...

Hi AK, I don't know any IREIT as at now. Understand Berlin Campus contribute 20% to IREIT total gross income.

2023 dividend is 0.032 cents. Assuming dividend also drop 20%, it will be 0.0256 cents. At current price of 0.275 per share, the yield is about 9.3%.

Not sure if my calculation correct? Haha

Philip said...

Errr you have been saying Wilmar is undervalued I think for 7-8 yrs liao leh (maybe longer). So when will it finally be back to its glorious days of $7 siah....

AK71 said...

Hi HH,

That sounds correct.

All investments are good investments at the right price. ;)

AK71 said...

Hi Philip,

Undervalued can stay undervalued for a long time. ;p

This is why I keep saying it is important to be paid while I wait.

As for the price of $7 per share so many years ago, it was overvalued back then.

I blogged about this in 2017 and $7 today would not be so.

However, Mr. Market will do what he will do.

Reference:
Accumulating Wilmar on price weakness.


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award