The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

Healthway Medical - A spectacular breakout

Monday, January 4, 2010

Healthway Medical had a spectacular breakout today on very high volume. Closing firmly at 16c, this is beyond the top of the previous cup formation at 14.5c. The relentless buying momentum towards end of the day looks set to continue in the next trading session. The intermediate target of 17c looks attainable. Eventual target remains at 19.5c. This is derived from measuring the trough to the top of the cup formation and projected forward. This is further confirmed by the Fibo lines.

From a FA perspective, a price of 19.5c would mean a PE of about 17x which I believe is more than fair compared to Q&M Dental Group's PE of 37x at 60c!
Q&M Dental Group

I have divested 20% of my position at 14.5c and 15c as a hedge. The rest, I am leaving to ride the wave up. To all fellow shareholders, congratulations!



Here, I would like to share my recent response (with some editing) to a fellow shareholder's question on what might be Healthway Medical's future price movement:

From a FA point of view, Healthway Medical is cheap relative to its peers in Singapore. Compared to Q&M Dental Group, it's very cheap.

However, I also do a bit of TA which says that price action is all about sentiments. So, charts are supposed to be windows to the mass psychology of investors.

People keep saying that Healthway Medical will move to the mainboard one day and, guess what, I agree. However, that is over the longer term. Believing in that longer term prospect of the company will not stop me from taking some profit today based on TA.

Using TA, I hedge by selling some of my position at each resistance level. Usually, it's 10% or 20% of my position per level. It depends on how big a position I have. So, 14.5c is the top of the previous cup formation while 15c was the last high. I sold 10% at each of these two prices. The next resistance is 17c based on Fibo lines and candlesticks. I might sell 10% again. 19.5c, sell again.

As for what is the price going to be after the rights issue. Your guess is as good as mine. I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

2 comments:

bummy said...

i was told that DMG issued a buy call on healthway with a TP of 28c. I am unable to verify this.

AK71 said...

It's confirmed. Next Insight has an article on this.

http://www.nextinsight.net/content/view/1860/60/


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award