The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

How to achieve F.I.R.E. like AK? Learn to invest for income.

Monday, February 22, 2021

Back in 2018, when I announced that I was taking a long break from public appearances, I said it would last, maybe, two or three years.


Well, it is now 2021 but with the COVID-19 situation still wreaking havoc globally and Singapore's Phase 3 of reopening lasting at least a year, it seems that I am being given another year or two off.


Good news for lazy AK who decided long ago that he didn't want to work till the day he dies!



Back in 2018, when I made that announcement, I said to readers that F.I.R.E. which stands for "Financial Independence, Retire Early" isn't just a dream.


However, unless we are very lucky in life, we need to plan for F.I.R.E. to happen.


I planned very early on in life as a salaried worker to achieve financial freedom and to retire by age 45.


With a lot of work and bit of luck, I managed to do this a few months before I turned 45 almost 5 years ago.


I have blogged about this many times before and regular readers know that my approach to achieving F.I.R.E. is a holistic one.


The good news is this holistic approach to F.I.R.E. is accessible to most of us in Singapore.


Most of us are able to achieve financial freedom in Singapore as long as we are willing to work diligently towards it.


I know many have heard this before but if AK can do it, so can you!


If you want to achieve F.I.R.E. the way AK did, then, you have to embrace investing for income.



If you are new to investing for income or have been looking to do some structured learning, I have more good news for you.


The only investment course that AK promotes every year is "Dividend Machines" conducted by The Fifth Person.


"Dividend Machines" not only provides you with all the knowledge and guidance you need as an investor for income, it is also very affordable.


Go ahead and take a look before you decide if you should sign up for 2021's intake.

Follow AK's referral link here: 

Dividend Machines 2021 





If you like what you see, sign up fast or you would have to wait another year for the next intake.

Don't just dream of passive income, really make money while you sleep with Dividend Machines.

May the Year of the Ox be a bullish one for you!

23 comments:

VT said...

Ox said - "Why no 4D this year?" :p
just kidding- Happy CNY ASSI!

AK71 said...

Hi VT,

Must discourage gambling lah. ;p

Happy CNY! :D

Unknown said...

Happy CNY! Thanks so much for your sharing. Through your blogging, I started looking into topping up my CPF since I am a SAHM.

Happy investing!
JL

AK71 said...

Hi JL,

We are so fortunate to be CPF members. :)

Happy CNY! :D

Some readers might find this interesting:
Holistic approach to a secure financial future.

Jacq said...

Ok, taking the leap of faith & clicking on the referral link.

Unknown said...

Hi AK,

I'll sign up using ur referral code.
Happy CNY AK.

Cheers.

AK71 said...

Hi Jacq and Unknown,

Thank you. :)

Charlie Munger said:

"I believe in the discipline of mastering the best that other people have ever figured out. I don’t believe in just sitting down and trying to dream it all up yourself. Nobody’s that smart."

Gambatte and happy CNY. :D

Rellangis said...

Skillsfuture eligible ? I like to use my Skillsfuture to attend...

AK71 said...

Hi Rellangis,

The government should support financial literacy education in all forms.

Unfortunately, I don't think they are doing a good job in this area.

Unknown said...

Hi AK,

Thanks for inspiring everyone with the possibility of achieving FIRE. I am sure it must have been a tough journey yet oh so fulfilling when you managed to hit your target.

I have a hypothetical question for you: Do you think you would have been able to achieve FIRE if you were married with 2-3 children? 45 is definitely not possible in my view in this scenario but what do you think is a realistic and achievable target for a regular salaried employee?

AK71 said...

Hi Unknown,

The decisions we make in life will either speed up or slow down our journey towards financial freedom.

Whatever our circumstances, we have to plan for retirement early if we want an early retirement.

See:
Planning for retirement early...

Obviously, the journey will be more challenging for some than others.

Someone making an average salary and has people who are financially dependent on him might find it harder than someone who makes an above average salary with no dependents.

However, whether we are rich or not in life depends more on how much money we are able to save and not how much money we make. ;)

See:
Average income workers have a choice to be rich!

At what age can we achieve F.I.R.E. with our varied circumstances?

It mostly depends on how strong our determination is. ;)

See:
1. How to have a comfortable retirement?
2. Financial freedom is a family affair.
3. How did AK create a 6 digits annual passive income?

SgFire said...

Hi AK

i am looking forward to Ak and friends talk only.

when is that going to happen? cough cough

AK71 said...

Hi SgFire,

IATA says that we will return to the pre COVID-19 normal in 2024.

So, maybe 2024. ;p

SgFire said...

okay , then i save up my dividends for the ticket. Hopefully price didnt go up like petrol price.

Please keep good heath and write more.

AK71 said...

Hi SgFire,

I doubt very much that inflation is going away.

2024 is another 3 years away too.

I won't hold my breath waiting as, to be quite honest, I feel lazy. ;p

Thank you for the well wishes and with good health, I will be able to have more adventures in Neverwinter. ;p

SgFire said...

Hi Ak

What do you think of Dairy farm at current price?

AK71 said...

Hi SgFire,

Haven't looked at the numbers but I think the idea that they have a moat might be flawed.

I see GIANT branches closing down and I see a lack of cashiers in Cold Storage supermarkets.

Add the usually higher prices than their competition, I don't like their business much.

I do think the 7-11 convenience shops are a brilliant idea, however, and the only logical places where higher prices will fly.

With much stronger competition even from online sources, Dairy Farm is a price taker and not a price maker.

Of course, all investments are good at the right price. ;)

SgFire said...

Hmm.. You are right abt the price whether is right or not at the moment. The reason of Giant closing down is a strategic move to keep profitable branches and closing those that arent.

They have lately setup an online giant as well and i am buying more thru their online portal and perhaps that may be a better strategy than keeping many unprofitable mortar branches around.

They are also into ikea in indonesia. Its a mix businesses that can be good or bad depend how you look at it.

AK71 said...

Hi SgFire,

Sounds like you have done some thorough research into Dairy Farm's businesses.

It is good to have a plan, your own plan, always. :D

The Dreamzola Traveller said...

I'm still working on my F.I.R.E. and figuring out what to do after activating it. Don't want to stay at home. LOL.

AK71 said...

Hi TDT,

I do know people who are able to retire early but continue to work.

Early retirement is just an option that is good to have. ;)

See:
Financial freedom and not enough time.

Of course, if we do decide to retire early, knowing what we want to do in retirement should be part of the plan.

It would be horrible to be bored in retirement. ;p

See:
1. Never bored in early retirement.
2. Spent money and now will spend more time.

SuperLobang said...

Hi AK, have been secretly following your blog for a few years now, and have finally decided to take the jump and sign up using your referral link, thank you and hope to see more of your postings in 2021!

AK71 said...

Hi SuperLobang,

Thanks for letting me know.

Secretly following ASSI for a few years means that you are shy and AK is probably doing a good job in blogging? ;p

Nobody cares more about our money than we do and learning to invest better is always a good thing. :)

Reference:
Nobody cares more about our money than we do.


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award