The email address in "Contact AK: Ads and more" above will vanish from November 2018.

PRIVACY POLICY

FAKE ASSI AK71 IN HWZ.

Featured blog.

1M50 CPF millionaire in 2021!

Ever since the CPFB introduced a colorful pie chart of our CPF savings a few years ago, I would look forward to mine every year like a teena...

Past blog posts now load week by week. The old style created a problem for some as the system would load 50 blog posts each time. Hope the new style is better. Search archives in box below.

Archives

"E-book" by AK

Second "e-book".

Another free "e-book".

4th free "e-book".

Pageviews since Dec'09

Financially free and Facebook free!

Recent Comments

ASSI's Guest bloggers

4.28% 6 months T-bill is very nice!

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Well, the results are out bright and early this time.

I know it is the afternoon and not morning but it is still very bright.

4.28% p.a.

Very nice or even if you don't think so, I think it is not too shabby.

More than the promotional interest rate of 4.0% p.a. offered by CIMB for a 6 months tenor makes me happy enough.

In fact, it is more than the 4.2% p.a. offered by CIMB for a 12 months or 18 months tenor.

As an investor for income, I can't complain.

Well, I suppose I can but I won't.

What makes it even better?

I got 100% of my application filled!

Source: MAS.





Contented.

Now, I wait for the Singapore Savings Bond allotment results.

That is coming next week.

As for the next T-bill auction in January, I will probably try my luck again. 

However, if the banks hike their promotional interest rates for short term fixed deposits by a lot, I might hedge by splitting the funds 50/50.

Huat ah!

Recently published:
Investing this week? What to do?




11 comments:

Yv said...

Congrats AK.

I "tikam" slightly higher and got nothing. Greedy of me..

AK71 said...

Hi Yv,

Kamsiah you plenty plenty. :D

Too stressful to do competitive bidding for me.

Just thinking about it gives me an anxiety attack. -.-"

EX said...

Hi AK, with so many FD promotions now and the rates keep changing....how do you usually decide how much to put into each bank? Do you split them by 10K each then wait and see if got another promotion or just dump all into one bank? Alamak too many choices is also no good. :)

Winnie said...

Game over for me.. my OA is fully allotted already haha

AK71 said...

Hi EX,

Yes, usually $10K to $25K per fixed deposit.

Don't like to put very large amounts in any fixed deposit because if I had to break it, it would break my heart. ;p

Whichever bank gives the best deal, I go.

Money should go to where it is treated best. ;)

My YouTube video on fixed deposit laddering: HERE.

AK71 said...

Hi Winnie,

I have yet to use my CPF OA money for T-bills.

If the yield goes much higher, it is time to move the CPF OA money but I would have to move my lazy butts first. ;p

My YouTube video on using CPF OA money for T-bills: HERE.

SgFire said...

Merry Xmas Ak!

AK71 said...

Hi SgFire,

Merry Christmas! :D

AK71 said...

Hi Capricon,

Alamak.

I hear that name, I get PTSD. ;p

Don't think the warrants are cheap enough to offer a good deal.

Good money after the bad, maybe.

Will probably ignore.

Written off long time ago.

EX said...

Hi AK, I was about to transfer my funds to CIMB FD and someone told me it's safer to deposit in the local bank. Can you talk to yourself about this? Do you also have a CIMB FD account? :)

AK71 said...

Hi EX,

Yes, I have a relationship with CIMB and I like their online FD promotions.

Been a satisfied customer for many years.

CIMB is the second largest bank in Malaysia.

Largest is Maybank.

My parents are customers of Maybank and their FD promotions are pretty good too.

Local banks are able to pay lower interest rates on their FDs because most Singaporeans park their savings with them.

So, they don't need to pay higher interest rates to attract depositors.

I like investing in all three local banks but I don't like to park my savings with them as much.

Very giam siap.


Monthly Popular Blog Posts

All time ASSI most popular!

 
 
Bloggy Award